Skip navigation

Road cleaner murdered my car!

Back to the top
Ok so had a great time at Stanford hall on Sunday cleaned my car on Monday and look what the road cleaner has left me to come home to I'm still crying it was a brand new hood to ! 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Time for snow foam

Sticker Pig

Back to the top
Luckily I live in a cul de sac so got 3 witness's who watched the road cleaner come up and next door neighbour watched it spray up the water,boy oh boy are the council gonna pay for it to be sorted professionally ! 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
devistated!!!!

Let us know how yu get on mate !

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Get onto the council mate and send them the pics along with the witness details if they don't believe you (they will try and wriggle out of it). I would be wanting a full exterior valet for that. What a bunch of inconsiderate to$$ers :P:P:P

Back to the top
Morning smudger
That's the first thing I did and was told they had to send it to the right department for road cleaning to investigate, luckily I spoke to my neighbour last night and he watched the cleaner spray up the dirt so I should have them bang to rights. But it's killing me sitting outside looking like it is but I'm not going to touch it,my main worry is the hood as in one corner where the muddy water has  gone down the back window it looks like it's sunk in with the dirt from the window seal here is a picture of what I mean

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Hello mate,

Looks like you have some good evidence there of undue care on the part of the operator of the road sweeper along with the witnesses. I would be badgering them daily as councils don't do anything quickly and your complaint and request for compensation with go in the P for pending tray  :lol:

Best of luck with it mate.

P.S If you're worried about any particular area perhaps do that but I would leave it well alone unless you have a fit of OCD and get it cleaned and send them the bill. ;)

Back to the top
Lol I won't touch it mate as I would probably do more damage,but I wouldn't mind driving my train over the road sweep truck at the moment have they not got a brain? 
ThAnx for the advice mate if there are any legal minded people who read this thread an can advise me of how to proceed properly if they try and get out of it any advice would be greatly appricated :-) 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
PM me mate if you need legal advice ;)

Back to the top
Cheers mate will do thanx

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
good luck with mate, hope ya get it sorted

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
I would get that to your nearest reputable Valet centre or a mobile company (not the dodgy immigrants on every redundant garage forecourt) and get it sorted out sharpish b4 it eats into the fabric.
So long as you have all the pictures and a legitimate receipt that can't argue

Back to the top
I would do mate but I'm worried that they might want to do it through insurance and they might want it looked at first,spoke to council 3 times today to say how urgent it is and they said was been investigated and I would be called but nothing yet,I think tomo will be time to step the game up with them 
Cheers

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Do what that farmer did with his sh1t spreader, pull up outside the council offices and let it fly.

Back to the top
PMSL now I like that for an idea

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
holy s..t bert,i cant imagine if it was my car,i dont like it getting wet let alone that lot,take it all the way,and dont pay your council tax either!!

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I think I might ask matt to have a word for me Bert ! ! Lol

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Just an update the council have admitted full liability for the damage to my car and instructed their insurance company to this effect they are sending out their assecor to look at it tomo or Wednesday to see what to do next,I'm glad they've admitted it but still gutted as roof won't be like it was before :-( 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
cant see why it wont be the same, if they cant clean it perfectly, as they have admitted liability, they are responsible for a new roof.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.