Skip navigation

Going to be away for a while

Back to the top
Just wanted to let people know that I'm going to be away for a while, some of you have been very helpful with some questions I've had about my abf conversion and I really appreciate the help.

I've been very Ill over the past week, I was taken to hospital and diagnosed with having a brain haemorrhage for which I am going back into hospital for surgery

I'll be back doing my conversion as quickly as I can but it might be a few months

Not looking for sympathy, just didn't want people to think I had disappeared without saying thanks

Back to the top
Really sorry to hear this mate. I hope your hospital stay is successful and you come out the other side raring to get back to your conversion.

All the best mate :)

Back to the top
Best of luck mate.  Hope it all goes well.

Back to the top
Best wishes . Hope all goes well

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Can I say on behalf of the committee we wish you well and a speedy recovery !!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Take care Dan - hope you'll be back on your project very soon  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Sorry to read this, Good luck and all the best mate

Back to the top
Good luck mate. All the best!

Back to the top
Hey fella this puts it all in perspective I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best for yourbuild in the not to distsnt future  ;) j

Back to the top
Good luck and I hope you're back with us soon.

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
Good luck buddy, Hopes to a speedy recovery ! :thumbs:

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Best wishes for a quick recovery Dan.

Back to the top
Thanks Everyone, very nice of you all

surgery was a complete success and one week after having brain surgery under a general anesthetic i'm back at home and browsing the internet for the parts i need to get started on my conversion! (but actually starting the work is still a while off)

i owe a lot to the NHS, in particular the nurses and doctors/surgeons at Addenbrookes hospital - i honestly think i wouldn't have had better treatment and care privately.

Back to the top
Great news Dan. :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Fantastic news mate. Glad everything went ok. Hope you're back on your feet soon mate and back in the MK1.

All the best

Smudger

Back to the top
Good stuff bud am glad you're home and here's to a speedy recovery  :thumbs:

lucycandy said

Hello!I am lucycandy.I like play games.Like these Wow Gold Kaufen,Wow Gold, GW2 Gold  and Diablo 3 Gold Kaufen.Anyone interesting?I hope someone can paly with me.

Paly with you??? Go away!!!

Back to the top
Hey fantastic news Dan, happy days  :cool:  

Sounds like it all went well - can you imagine if you came around and they'd screwed up so that you had a sudden love of Citroen Saxo's and hated MK1's!  :lol:

Lucycandy is deleted now - damn spam!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Welcome back mate!! Glad your making a swift recovery. Just remember to take it easy  :thumbs:  ;)

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Feel for you mate. Mrs funk had a brain hemorrhage when she was pregnant, ending up in a coma. She had to have brain surgery etc, and is thankfully ok. She still has a cavanoma (sp) deep in the brain and has to have ct scans every year. 
Hope all works out ok mate :thumbs:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Wish you all the best my friend for a speedy and safe recovery.

Stay strong and all the best and look forward to sharing a bit of banter again with you real soon!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.