Skip navigation

LSD group buy. **Register your interest here by 31st May**

Back to the top
Thanks Mart for the info about the OBX. I am awaiting a few prices from various sources today and tomorrow and will post up when I have them

I gotta say I personally am leaning towards a Peloquin diff based on Mart;s expertise and advise and that Ade(lhasadreams) has one and recommends it too.

Back to the top

hotgolf said

I haven't risked it, I bought something, had it tested and fitted it.
I've been around long enough not to just chuck something in without first doing my homework. I've been building boxes for 10yrs+ so I've come across all the big names and have seen what you get for your money.
If I was going to suggest a fit and forget LSD I'd go for the Peloquin. The aftersales is actually better than Quaife when something isn't right, but Quaife are handy being in the UK.

As I said, if you don't trust them, don't fit one. It's your choice which I respect. It's your money lol

Again, I'll say the Quaife are a nice piece of kit. Yes they are machined properly with quality control with all burrs removed. Same as the Peloquins, Wavetrac, Gripper (these don't fit properly either by the way) etc etc

Did you not fancy a proper plated diff? ie vwm gemini item instead of a atb or did you think that's a bit much to maintain? If I was in the trade or able to build boxes myself thats what i would have no question there far better
kazz are plated as well not atb

Back to the top
I've fitted a few Kaaz, only one with the new fibre plates though. They're not 'fit and forget' though and they can wear and give different results.
Nice kit though and comewell presented.

I don't do competitions nor track days really (well I didn't at the time) so a plated diff wasn't an option either, plus they're pretty harsh compared to an ATB. And yes, maintaining a plate diff is a headache unless you know what your doing. Even though I build boxes (had a few mentions in the GOLF+ mag) I wouldn't want to be pulling my trans every other month lol

Why didn't I go for something else though?
Money!
I picked up the box cheap as it was damaged and spent a little on a new gear, repairing and rebuilding.
It's a joy to use, but a right b'stard on a 400mile trip!

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

ashtray said

For the o2a box you can get the diff replacement bolts from Vw as there riveted in from factory and have to be drilled to remove diff
 I had a bonus once as I brought a box for 50 quid and had it stripped to put in a LSD but it already had one in happy days

Some people have all the luck  :P  :P  :lol:  ;)
Now that's what I call luck :lol:

Back to the top
Great work guys! I'm in for a diff to. I think i would rather go a good for a top brand to tbh for peace of mind. 
O2J think il have a bash at fitting it myself got quoted a lot before for drilling the rivets out but that's easy lol.. I could always strip it fit the diff then see :)

Back to the top
Got one or two more enquiries to come back to me then I will come back with some firm info. :)

Back to the top
If I was in the market for one of these I would only be interested in the quaife I will just say.

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

If I was in the market for one of these I would only be interested in the quaife I will just say.

Based on what mate?

Back to the top
Just my preference

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

Just my preference

Oh ok.  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:

Back to the top
I got an LCR 6 speed box the other week. Ill find out the code when I get down the road on friday  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Little bit of a thread revival here so sorry!

Any feedback from those who bought your LSD? Which did you buy and what do you think?

Have any of you been running the OBX, am an engineer by trade so can rework it easy enough, if it has performed ok!!!???

Cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.