Skip navigation

What your thoughts on these!!????

Back to the top

New peice of merchandise

Does it need to say anything other than MK1 Golf Owners Club?

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top
have a bit of a thing for watches meself  i'll take one if any left. would like number 4 or 5 please.

Back to the top
i see what your saying about it's just saying the owners club

i shall have a rethink on these

O_o

Banner

Back to the top
can of worms I think, I like the gti on it but see the need for non gti . looking forward to getting me mitts on one though.

Back to the top

golfmk1isbest said

can of worms I think, I like the gti on it but see the need for non gti . looking forward to getting me mitts on one though.

+1  :)

Back to the top
ill take no16 if available and aslong as they stay limited edition ! i brought one of the first ''limited edition'' umbrellas until the second lot was introduced !

Matt

Back to the top
I would like one if it was the club logo, rather than the GTI logo - Auction for 01/25?  :lol:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
I'll take one as well

Mk1 golf gti
Mk1 golf gti project View topic: 1982 original Irish GTi - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club
mTDI corrado
Mk1 skoda octavia vrs combi

Back to the top
i would like 2, not worried what numbers, one for work and one for best :thumbs:

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
Hi Guys, I know I'm using an old post but I'm just wondering if there's anything new on the horizon as far as the shop is concerned?
I'm just thinking I've not purchased anything since the 40th Anniversary Watches, which are fantastic by the way!  :thumbs:  

If you're looking for new ideas (not saying you are) but maybe we can come up with an idea or two.
Just interested that's all as spring will soon be here and then of the summer!  :wub:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Mike I had noticed a drop in profits since you've stopped buying :lol:

What ideas do you have?

@mattnsusie

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

Mike I had noticed a drop in profits since you've stopped buying :lol:

What ideas do you have?

@mattnsusie

Funny you say that because it took me ages to work out why I have so much money in my Piggy Bank at the moment!  :lol:
I've nothing specific in mind right now but I'll give it some thought as I'm sure other Members will be doing now.  :thumbs:

Lets see what ideas we can come up with.  :)

Back to the top
jellybelly Ok Sir I have one.
This is a pet hate of mine and I'm sure for many members of this Club and others, it's the front seats and front carpet.

How often do we work on our cars and whilst wearing the same clothes and shoes, then sit in it?
What about workshops?

I've made the mistake so many times, in a hurry to move the car, drive the car, test the car.
That I've sat in the seat and leaving dirty, greasy marks on the seats and the carpet!

It seems almost mandatory that some workshops and MOT stations do this.
It's like a Dog marking it's territory sometimes!

Well our prayers would be answered it we had our very own 'disposable car seat covers', for example:

With our Logo of course but this should give you an idea (not the VW Logo sadly).

And these as well (or something similar) these look like plastic but I think the paper ones would be better.

Maybe a comment underneath our Logo along the lines of 'HANDLE WITH CARE!'

They are Companies that will customise these and I doubt very much if they cost an arm and 1983 Campaign Model.
Say available in packs of 5 or 10 for both the seat cover and floor protectors.

First and foremost they will protect our precious valuables, secondly they look good and thirdly and most importantly it will remind the person getting in the car, whoever they are to 'Take Care'!  :thumbs:   

Just an idea but I for one would be using a fair few each year.
(well you did ask JB, Chairman Sir)  :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
well its defo one for @mattnsusie to look into adding to the shop good idea mate:)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

well its defo one for @mattnsusie to look into adding to the shop good idea mate:)

Sorry Mr. Chairman, keep forgetting @mattnsusie.
Old habits die hard!   :$  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I like mikes idea above. We could all use them.

Also what about a sleeveless body warmer? With the logo on the left breast. Like the rain jackets. These would be smart and also handy when working outside or in the cold garage but still keeping your arms free.  :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
I'd like a good quality, made of metal fridge magnet for both tin top and cabby please!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Denia mentioned in a post on GAP2 this week about wanting to get hold of a club windscreen sun shade for the summer months, so that he can protect the dash from burning rays and to try to keep the internal temp down when parked up (apparently he is using a Loony Toons one at present, whereas Mike - golfcabrio uses a set of towels, its amazing what you find out on this site)
Admittedly both Denia and Mike spend a lot of time in the sunshine - Spain and Austria where the temps kick up a bit in the summer rather than rainy old Blighty but these might be a good idea, plus will be a good advertisment for the club.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Fathammer said

Denia mentioned in a post on GAP2 this week about wanting to get hold of a club windscreen sun shade for the summer months, so that he can protect the dash from burning rays and to try to keep the internal temp down when parked up (apparently he is using a Loony Toons one at present, whereas Mike - golfcabrio uses a set of towels, its amazing what you find out on this site)
Admittedly both Denia and Mike spend a lot of time in the sunshine - Spain and Austria where the temps kick up a bit in the summer rather than rainy old Blighty but these might be a good idea, plus will be a good advertisment for the club.  :thumbs:

Well I learnt my lesson from the master, one Douglas Adams and 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.'
When Ford said: If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is.

I can thumb a lift from an Inter Gatica space bum.
Cover my dash to keep it cool.
Dry myself after a swim in a mountain lake or the Danube.
Catch the Bird poo before it dries on the paint.
Wipe my brow.
Even wipe my butt after that moment I actually do remember that a Golf Mk1 has no brakes and is not able to go round a curve the same way as an Audi Quattro Turbo!

All that for a couple of quid.  :cool:

BUT my point is (sorry Guys) I'd my a good quality dashboard cover advertising our Club!  :thumbs:
The outside ones for the UK with the sudden wind and rain, I'm not sure will fly, excuse the pun.

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
I still think the idea I put forward two plus years ago about TOP quality over carpets still has some mileage in it?

Small logo, lower left and right corner depending on RHD or LHD (in my case).
Embroidered Club logo.
Carpets with good grip.
Choice of say four colours and piping.

Not easy I know and clearly would be by special order only, full payment up front.
But?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.