Skip navigation

Ellface's Brown Cabby - S1 Bumpers

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Looking lovely  :thumbs:Good luck with the mot.

Matt

Brad. said

Thanks, hopefully it'll be a passer :thumbs:

borednow said

Looks good mate.

Love the colour, how are getting on with the machine polishing? did you go with a rotary or a dual action?

cheers

Ian

Thanks very much :)It's all good, but since I'm trying to correct the paint, it's taking a while, I wouldn't like to correct the whole car in one go :'(I use a dual action, a DAS-6, with Meguiars 105 & 205, and it's very good, haven't had any problems yet :thumbs:

JackW94 said

Nice cab man! Don't see many in that colour these days. Where abouts you from bro?  :wub:

Yo yo yo, w'assapnin bro.

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Just been through your thread mate, looks like a great little car :D keep it up

Back to the top
I finally got her home after 7 months of garage life. :wub:
These pictures are before the rear coilovers, so it's raked quite heavily. :lol:

Got the rear coils on, but the helpers won't compress, so it's still sitting a bit high for my liking..
So they'll be coming out after the MOT. :thumbs:

Quite like how the fronts fit :)

More of that control arm clearance :thumbs:

And sump..

It will be going lower once I get some raised top mounts from Coltech. :ninja:
Washed all the garage filth off.. Excuse the Instagram pic  :$

Then I took her for an MOT. Happiest drive of my life.. I forgot how much fun this thing is to drive, I had a smile on my face all day :LOL:
..But she failed.
Emissions and braking imbalance. :(
Only one advisory though :lol:

But hey, I couldn't stay mad at her for long. :thumbs:

So I stuck her back in the garage, and will be taking her for a carb set up this week, and then more MOT fun.
Until then, I threw on some parts I'd gathered.
New spark plugs.. The old ones were soaked in petrol. It's running seriously rich. O_o

And a new scraper seal, as mine flew off on the motorway a while ago. :lol:
This was only £18, and it's incredible quality, I will definitely be replacing all of the others, because this one just shows how bad the others have gotten.

Wish me luck for the MOT..

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top

JoeWhitmore said

Just been through your thread mate, looks like a great little car :D keep it up

Thanks very much man!
I will try my best :thumbs:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Good luck for MOT. Your car is looking great :wub:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

Good luck for MOT. Your car is looking great :wub:

thanks very much!
Will be taking it to get the carb set up tomorrow morning, so hopefully MOT pass time won't be too far away now, I'm itching to start driving it properly again :ninja:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Looks so nice on the porsche alloys  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Looks so nice on the porsche alloys  :thumbs:

Matt

Thanks man! I love them, just need a refurb, the paint is terrible on them :o

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Whoever had that can of coke to give you must of been such a right good legend!

Back to the top

JackW94 said

Whoever had that can of coke to give you must of been such a right good legend!

:ninja:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Insured the car, and dropped the car off to sort the emissions and get an MOT on Tuesday morning, he told me it'd be done at 2pm.

I decided to take it to a much stricter garage, hoping they'd give it a proper looking over and sort everything that needs doing.. Wish I'd never bothered.

They got the emissions sorted temporarily by disconnecting one of the lines, telling me I need a new carb to sort it out properly, even though the weber that's on there has done only a few thousand miles, and I know I can get parts for it. :P

Then he called me saying he couldn't do an MOT without the key to the fuel cap, so I drove down and dropped it off that day.

For some reason then he had trouble with the full beams.. The way he was talking, it seems like he just couldn't find the full beam switch I have on the dash.. :dry:

I've had promises of it being MOT'd every day since Tuesday, and still nothing.
I know it'll be worth it cos it'll all be right, but it's so annoying having to ring up every day for them to say "yeah ring tomorrow mate". :P

At least I've got these pictures to look at when I hang up.. :ocf_emoticons__alright:
Can't wait to finish polishing and get the swage trim back on :|

And a quick one with the daily..

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Furstrating on the MOT front!

Cracking looking cabby, it's probably my favourite colour combo of paint/hood on non-body kit cabby's. Very nice indeed  :wub:

Although I'm not a fan of Porsche/Mercedes emblems on a VW the teledials really suit it, nice that you've got the deep offset on the back too  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Sounds like a major PITA with the mot, hope she's passed and back soon  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Furstrating on the MOT front!

Cracking looking cabby, it's probably my favourite colour combo of paint/hood on non-body kit cabby's. Very nice indeed  :wub:Although I'm not a fan of Porsche/Mercedes emblems on a VW the teledials really suit it, nice that you've got the deep offset on the back too  :cool:

Thanks very much, appreciate it! :$Yeah I was never a fan of it, but the way I've come to see it is that they are wheels made by Porsche, and putting VW badges on them is a bit like putting VW badges on BBS wheels IMO.
Obviously, each to his own though! :)But yeah, I was surprised to find a set of 7Js in staggered offsets, so I had to get them, otherwise it'd mean having to buy two sets :ninja:

pazwaa said

Sounds like a major PITA with the mot, hope she's passed and back soon  :thumbs:Matt

Yeah, it's getting very annoying.. But can't be much longer, so I'll just have to wait it out O_o

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Yeah I guess that makes sense on the Porsche thing, they look good either way  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Yeah I guess that makes sense on the Porsche thing, they look good either way  :thumbs:

Thanks! :thumbs:

…It passed the MOT! :wub:
I've been driving it practically non-stop in my 4 days off from work, so much fun! I haven't even touched the MK5 since it passed :lol:
So I taxed it and got a few jobs done, and got some locking bolts from VW, as I know they're the right spec, and my Audi nut covers will fit over them.
Also rattle-canned the one cream wheel.. Terrible job, but looks better than it did. Can't wait for the refurb!
The only close up picture of it I have is a fish-eye. :$

Then I flipped the ARB, and took out the rear helpers, as they were uncompressed, so it wouldn't go any lower. :|
Looking forward to getting the chassis notched and going lower, but for now..

Gave her 2 coats of Poorboys Black Hole; I was pretty curious about how it'd work on light cars, turned out quite nicely.
And a coat of Autofinesse Spirit, which I got as a free sample, and is now all gone. :(
Then it rained. :thumbs:

When it stopped raining, I gave it a snowfoam with Autofinesse Avalanche, and a shampoo with some Dodo Juice 'Born to Be Mild'.. Not a fan of it to be honest, nothing has topped Duragloss 901 for me yet. :(
And I took the roof down and went for a drive while the sun was out :thumbs:

Not running too well at the moment, as the carb needs a rebuild, so that's next on the list. Hopefully will get round to it this weekend. :)

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Love that fish-eye photo, awesome  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Cars looking great mate, and nice beading !  :)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Love that fish-eye photo, awesome  :thumbs:

Matt

richyhill said

Cars looking great mate, and nice beading !  :)

Thanks lads! :thumbs:
Got a few little updates soon, nothing major, but I'll post soon  :)

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Well done on the MOT :thumbs:  Can't wait till I can give my car a wash, I've had it for 2 years and not washed it once  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.