Skip navigation

Ellface's Brown Cabby - S1 Bumpers

Back to the top
Nice ride, I like the retro gold 70's looks, get it off those silver spokey things and get them Porsche Teledials on quick!

Back to the top

Mogs said

Nice ride, I like the retro gold 70's looks, get it off those silver spokey things and get them Porsche Teledials on quick!

Thanks! I've got reason to believe they should be refurbed and on in the next few weeks. :thumbs:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
lovely colour, looks so much better without the kit in IMO:)

Back to the top

browner01 said

lovely colour, looks so much better without the kit in IMO:)

Thanks! Yeah, I much prefer it! Really need to get those wheels on now though!
I've think I've planned it all for a pretty nice fitment when it gets lowered :thumbs:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Not really an update, but I gave her a clean today and about to attempt to sort a cutting out issue :dry:Also been putting together the back of the interior, since the paint shop have, it seems, hired the most incompetent worker ever. One of my rear speakers was taken out and left uninstalled behind the door card! :dry:I shampooed with Kleen Freaks, then used Autoglym Super Resin Polish, and Extra Gloss Protection. :thumbs:Used Autobrite Trim & Tyre Gel on the black bits. :wub:

This one shows the reflections quite nicely. :)

Next job is Autoglym HD Wax! :thumbs:

Last edit: by Ellface

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Looking lovely dude :)

Back to the top
Very nice that mate,love the colour def need them wheels fitted 

2000 R1   TOY ;-)
2003 CIVIC TYPE R reliable daily
1989 cabby 1.8 gti  ongoing project (my 1st vw)
husqvarna te 410 supermoto
just aquired a series 1 tintop:D

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments everyone! :)
Some bad news, and some good news..
I start work away in July, and need a reliable car to travel there.. So I've bought a daily! Feel like such a quitter! :(
Here it is, a 56 plate 1.6 FSI Golf.

I actually really like it, I've made a few changes already, and got it beading nicely :thumbs:

And on to the MK1.
It's going into hibernation in the next few weeks, away from the wind & rain.
The plan is to strip it fully, get rid of every inch of tinworm, and finally get the flawless paint job of my dreams :lol:
Also going for a 20vT engine, and possibly a new interior.. but that might wait.
Should be back on the road this time next year.. I hope! :)

Before putting her away, I gave her one last detail, and one more drive. The rain even came out to show me some beads! :thumbs:

And beeeeeads…

Hopefully updates on this will come soon, and no doubt will I need some help from you people! :thumbs:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Shame you have to take it off the road its looking lovely but good luck with your plans , gona be one sorted cabby when done :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Good luck with it mate. Sounds like you've got some big plans for her :)

Back to the top
Are you in porthcawl by any chance

Back to the top

richyhill said

Shame you have to take it off the road its looking lovely but good luck with your plans , gona be one sorted cabby when done :-)

Thanks! I miss driving her so much already haha! But yeah, I'll be so pleased once it's all over :thumbs:

smudger1980 said

Good luck with it mate. Sounds like you've got some big plans for her :)
Haha yeah, I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to turning the key once again haha! :)The old 1.8 was a mess, it needed retiring haha :lol:

utterly-dubberly said

Are you in porthcawl by any chance
Yeah, I am! How did you know haha?

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
I recognized the hotel on the front in one of your pics, also the one in the car park is up at rest bay isn't it? Wow so that's you, me, big norm and Richie hill in close proximity all rockin a cab!!!!!! What an awesome quartet and mix of cars, theres us rockin the ol school small bumpers and the others with some fine ass clippered up machines. We need to make that sh**t happen lol.:cool:

Back to the top

Ellface said

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)
Some bad news, and some good news..
I start work away in July, and need a reliable car to travel there.. So I've bought a daily! Feel like such a quitter! :(
Here it is, a 56 plate 1.6 FSI Golf.

I actually really like it, I've made a few changes already, and got it beading nicely :thumbs:

And on to the MK1.
It's going into hibernation in the next few weeks, away from the wind & rain.
The plan is to strip it fully, get rid of every inch of tinworm, and finally get the flawless paint job of my dreams :lol:
Also going for a 20vT engine, and possibly a new interior.. but that might wait.
Should be back on the road this time next year.. I hope! :)

Before putting her away, I gave her one last detail, and one more drive. The rain even came out to show me some beads! :thumbs:

And beeeeeads…

Hopefully updates on this will come soon, and no doubt will I need some help from you people! :thumbs:

Oh and did I mention im a licensed zymol detailer? Anything you ever need give us a shout my man.

Back to the top
Sorry for the double post don't know what happened there

Back to the top

utterly-dubberly said

Sorry for the double post don't know what happened there

No worries mate. Sorted for you ;)

Back to the top

utterly-dubberly said

I recognized the hotel on the front in one of your pics, also the one in the car park is up at rest bay isn't it? Wow so that's you, me, big norm and Richie hill in close proximity all rockin a cab!!!!!! What an awesome quartet and mix of cars, theres us rockin the ol school small bumpers and the others with some fine ass clippered up machines. We need to make that sh**t happen lol.:cool:
Ah nice! Yeah, Rest Bay haha! Where are you from? The only cab I knew of 'round here is a dark blue clipper with reg. ending in HPP, know who that is by any chance? We should definitely have a mini-meet once mine is done! :cool:
Oh and did I mention im a licensed zymol detailer? Anything you ever need give us a shout my man.
Ah well I might get her detailed before she goes away and get some good pictures for motivation haha! If so, I'll give you a PM! :thumbs:And thanks Smudger! :lol:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Today I made my first bit of small progress on the MK1. :)
Just made a parcel shelf, out of 13mm ply. :lol:
Here's the state of the original one.

So I took out the staples, and washed the carpet.
The old, warped board was discarded after being used a template for the new one. O_o
Here's the new one in place minus carpet.

I actually quite liked the bare wood, but it looked a bit 'cold', and was obviously not an original part.
And carpeted. :)

Soo much better! ^_^
Both pretty dirty, but my Kleen Freaks snowfoam & wax came today, so I'll get them shining tomorrow! :)

Also, I drove the MK1 for about 30 seconds, and it literally made my day haha! I forgot how much love I have for this car! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Looks nice buddy. Good work.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Im just outside Pontypridd in  a little village called quakers yard. Nah I don't know who that is sorry.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.