Skip navigation

Newbie just acquired gti cabrio karmann

Back to the top
Part of the reason they're iconic mate is due to their simplicity and ease to work on.

If you get stuck just have a quick search on here and I am pretty sure it will have been covered before. If it hasn't then post up and the gurus will answer.

Smudger :)

Back to the top
Cheers mate will do.

Back to the top
very nice looking clipper you got :)
welcome along to the mk1 family!!!

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

very nice looking clipper you got :)
welcome along to the mk1 family!!!

Scott

Thanks Scott.

Car arrived this morning on the delivery truck. First impressions walking round the car, im going to have to spend some money on the bodywork. had a look underneath that looks solid which i wanted and the engine sounds sweet.

Will have a good poke around it later and make myself a list on what i want to tackle first.

Back to the top
Good news mate. Stick some pics up of the problems areas you find so we can see. :)

Back to the top
No point smudger, ive already decided im going to have the car fully resprayed in Audi frozen white. A mate of mine from our bodyshop at work is going to do it for me;);)Im going to totally strip out the interior clean and refit once its back from being painted and then fit a new roof. Then either reset the coil overs or replace with some sport shocks and 35mm lowering springs.

I will probably then make sure most of the bushes are replaced and sort ot the sloppy gear linkage. Hopefully get the nice borbet deepdish rims ive seen to put on and i should have a very nice cab once finished.

Back to the top
Sounds like a good plan to me mate. Good luck with it.

Back to the top
Looks like a goodun.

When people use the word 'mint' I tend to think 'polo' (it's got holes in it)

Seems you picked well.

Good luck with it.

E  ;)

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Hi

Welcome to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club, enjoy your stay and feel free to browse around the forum and ask any questions you may have, we are all a friendly bunch, and will try and help where we can : - )
If you are looking to save money make sure you check out here:
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=purchase&type=message&id=-1&product=USERGROUP5
For just £20 a year for paid membership, you have soon saved more than the paid membership free on discounts from the partners that support our paid members, and on top of that help the club keep going.
As a club we encourage people to meet up, make new friends and share experiences and knowledge we have all had with our golfs etc , so if that's your sort of thing keep an eye on the Regional and National pages below, where there will be details of meets in and around your location. Also details of who your Regional Host is or are, feel free to contact them about meets in your area also.
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=forumview&id=national_2
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=forumview&id=regional_2

And finally the biggest event of the year ! ! The Mk1 Golf Owners Club - Annual Gathering. If you are looking for a great weekend or even just coming along for the day , fun and laughter, meet new people, enjoy a drive out of 90+ Mk1 Golfs, a great show and shine day on the Sunday and Auto jumble then it's not to be missed : - ) , see here for details:
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=forumview&id=2013-annual-gathering

I look forward to meeting you at some shows / club meets in the near future
Cheers
Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Love that interior!

Back to the top

kecknj said

Love that interior!

Thanks, but looks better in the pics.
Ive just stripped the interior completely ready for the respray and im thinking of fully refurbing the seat frames and possibly having it retrimmed or going back to a original interior.

Back to the top
wow thats a very clean example love the interior
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.