Skip navigation

Windscreen Wiper Motor Replacement

Back to the top

butleraw said

The Polo was quite stripped down, but I think it was a 6n2.

Okay thanks a lot, haven't had time to go scrappy yet  :lol:

'83 formel e

Back to the top
I got a Mk2 wiper motor off ebay just before xmas, and it's been sitting in my to-do pile until this thread has inspired me to get it fitted.

I've got a couple of problems though - it doesn't have any of the loom wires with it, just one half of the plug, and that only has 2 wires connected to it coming from the  main body - a green and a red. Is that right?

Back to the top
pics?

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

pics?

Good idea Jonny - pics added. The code on the sticker suggests its a mk2 motor - have I got the right one?

Back to the top
That looks right , you just now need the loom to plug into. I got one from a mk3 golf in a scrap yard and put spade connectors as I have an square plug on my old wiper motor. Make sure you get a loom with 5 wires.
old motor on the right, new on the left with loom connected.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
yah thats fine, the other pins go straight inside the big round housing, the motor only has 2 wires :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Thanks you two - I'll head off to my local scrappie on a charm offensive, as he probably won't be as keen to sell me the plug without the motor!

Back to the top
Thanks for the info here guys, got myself a mk3 motor from scrappy with the plug and wiring, crimped the spades on all connected up and i have a working motor/wiper mechanism again :)but the motor i got from the scrappy faces the other way to the old mk1 motor (like yours in the photo above mark1gls) so when i try and fit it back in place the motor catches on the mount (which is no longer needed) stopping me from being able to get the mechanism/motor in place.

will i have to cut out the old mount? 

'83 formel e

Back to the top
actually never mind  :lol: just thought i can turn the motor round and fix it onto the mechanism so it doesn't catch the mount when in place haha

'83 formel e

Back to the top
Hey robmarley, could you provide me with a pic of what the wires look like (that go into the widscreen washer motor) and where they come from as I am having problems locating them since last owner seems to have them tucked away somwhere... :banghead:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.