Skip navigation

1979 Inari Silver GTI

Back to the top
I remember seeing this for sale, back when you bought it. Remember feeling sad for it, glad its gone into good hands!! keep up the good work!  :)

Back to the top
Any updates on this? i love Inari Silver!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
I've stored it away in the garage, and have just been collecting the missing parts of the puzzle.
I've bought all sorts of trim pieces that were missing, and last Thursday I picked up some S1 wings for her.
I think most of the interior is there now. I'm only really missing headlining, and an original radio.
As for the outside, I think it's just bumpers that's still to purchase. I managed to pick up the correct size S1 alloys as well.
So, there's been nothing worthy of writing about really. I could photo and list all the bits as I bought them, but I didn't think it that interesting.
The fun bit will be when I start to strip it.

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
It appears my first post here is going to involve a confession.

Many moons ago the car that started my mk1 obsession was an Inari S1 GTI. It was completely rotten but as soon as I drove it the deal was done!

The confession is that my favourite colour for a mk1 was Lhasa, and all through the service history and old MOTs the colour was always written as green. When I decided to repaint it following the replacement of the rotten front wings, I had it painted…..lhasa. I have since repented and spent the intervening years rebuilding lots of mk1s back to original spec. However, I still look back and cringe. In my defense, they weren't worth a lot back then, and I didn't know much about S1s. It's no excuse though.

Anyway, it looks a great project. I did contact the previous owner myself, but didn't proceed as I had too many other cars on the go at the time. If only I'd known…..

Cheers,
Ian

Oh, and if anyone knows what happened to EUV 41V I'd love to know…..

Back to the top
I'm sure you can be forgiven Ian, based on the other MK1's you've put back right!  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Just found this thread from a google search for inari silver, any more progress?

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Any update on this?

Back to the top
Apologies for the late reply in answer to any progress.
The answer is a disappointing one I'm afraid, as there's been no further progress at all really. There are some very good reasons for this that involve new babies, being a property landlord, working 45+ hours a week, essential home improvements, and the fact that my primary interest is actually restoring 80/90's bikes, not cars.
However, there is a longer plan that involves this car, but it's realistically a few years away as my priorities must stay with the list above. Another limiting factor is the appropriate storage of the car, and I'm not willing to take the car to standard I want until I properly sort out the buildings it's stored in.

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

1979 Inari Silver GTI

You could sell it me

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.