Skip navigation

Mk1 golf price guide

Back to the top
I've said in the past I'd be happy to do valuations, but stopped short of making too strong a point because I'm not even a paid member, yet alone a committee member so possibly not best placed to "represent the club". It would need to be in return for reasonable incurred expenses, if it needed me to visit the cars, though, which could be a sticking point.

Since these would be individual valuations on individual cars, I'd shudder to make them publically available, since a (paid for, at least the expenses incurred) valuation would be the 'property' of the person who asked for it, similar to a survey report would be.

I also said at the time, don't be too upset if the value I said wasn't what you were hoping I'd say!

Back to the top
that is a point i forgot to mention

every insurance company i spoke to (footman james, peterbest, heritage, adrain flux, sureturn)

would not accept a valuation that the car had not seen in the flesh, so a submitted photo valuation. the reason being is that things alway look better in on photos and this would not stand up in a case when the worst happen

so that mean traveling the country looking at the cars to get in a arguement because they things it's worth a million dollers when really it's worth a tenner

then for when the worse happen the club are liable for any mistakes or even money owd to insurance companies when things could go to court

not only would the committe member be liable but also the paid members

just not worth the hassle!

Banner

Back to the top
tanka12 is you wish to help let me know your email i will get the guide over to you to fill out

Banner

Back to the top
a few months ago i started a thread to try to collect data have a lok on this link!

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=mk1-golf-chat_2%2Fprices-paid-for-mk1-s&=

Back to the top

jellybelly said

that is a point i forgot to mention

every insurance company i spoke to (footman james, peterbest, heritage, adrain flux, sureturn)

would not accept a valuation that the car had not seen in the flesh, so a submitted photo valuation. the reason being is that things alway look better in on photos and this would not stand up in a case when the worst happen

so that mean traveling the country looking at the cars to get in a arguement because they things it's worth a million dollers when really it's worth a tenner

then for when the worse happen the club are liable for any mistakes or even money owd to insurance companies when things could go to court

not only would the committe member be liable but also the paid members

just not worth the hassle!

jelly
im with excel and they accepted photo evidence.really great company to go with

Back to the top
on this golf price guide thing….yes i believe it difficult to predict future and present prices but.i believe 100% all day long my car to be worth a 5 figure sum .aimo of course

Back to the top
all insurance companies do the phot valuation things, but they wouldn't accept the same from us

strange i know but that what they all said we would have to see the cars i the flesh

Banner

Back to the top
My experience has been that if the agreed valuation you are going for is sub £10k, the insurance companies are not too bothered. I got an agreed valuation using photos with footman james, but I also submitted this clubs series 1 valuation sheet as supporting evidence. It was accepted without quibble.

I would suggest the numbers are updated not on specific cars, but rather generic categories because that is what the insurance companies are after and that is what the information would be used for. The categories can be a function of model and condition. This could be done with a few committee and expert members through minuted discussions. Use at own discretion.

Hope that helps.

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.