Skip navigation

old skool dubber finding the love back

Back to the top

Wolfsburg-Boy said

awesome happy days 1999 was the first year i went;) nice mk1 by the way, always like those wheels too, Ronals??? arent they??

On mine (the black one) I had Oz Superturismos. Considering getting another set for my new black mk1. I think the silver one may have had the Ronals on?

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top

rsdub said

remember my old one.had many a good time in it:thumbs:

That looked really good.  What size were the wheels and how well did it drive with them on?  My 90s upbringing makes me tempted to put some 16"/17" wheels on mine.  

Back to the top

Wolfsburg-Boy said

Lol artie yep still have that magazine ;) happy days remember seeing it in the flesh and was blown away Is it still around??

Wolfsburg-Boy said

Lol artie yep still have that magazine ;) happy days remember seeing it in the flesh and was blown away Is it still around??

yes its still around.should be out again soon

Back to the top

butleraw said

rsdub said

That looked really good.  What size were the wheels and how well did it drive with them on?  My 90s upbringing makes me tempted to put some 16"/17" wheels on mine.
im running 16 inch bbs rs at the mo on 195 40 s.with lowered springs and shocks at approx 50mm.to me it drives better than it did on my 15 inch oz turbos.the blue g60 is on 15s and can just remember thinking the 17s were a step to far

Back to the top

rsdub said

butleraw said

rsdub said

im running 16 inch bbs rs at the mo on 195 40 s.with lowered springs and shocks at approx 50mm.to me it drives better than it did on my 15 inch oz turbos.the blue g60 is on 15s and can just remember thinking the 17s were a step to far

Thanks mate.  16s look to be the way forward.

Back to the top
Hey there Wolfburg-Boy, just bought a mk1 project the other night, I googled the plate an hey this thread popped up, DRE 161Y. I believe I have aquired your first mk1 :o

Back to the top

This is DRE 161Y on wednesday night once i picked it up, bought as an unfinished project, would say its 90% complete, last chaps been restoring it over his 5 year ownership. Shouldnt be too long before its back on the road :)

Back to the top
jesus christ thats my old car LOL Excellent yes mate i owned it for about 2 years and yes my first mk1 ;) il dig out some photos when i get home, ah happy days glad she is still alive loved the plate DRE ;)does it still have the glass sunroof?? more photos please

Back to the top

Wolfsburg-Boy said

does it still have the glass sunroof??

And the dead body in the boot?!! :lol:

Back to the top
Yeah it's still got the glass sunroof! It came with a massive binder of history, there was photos in the binder from 1999, im guessing thats when you had it, can make out a red cab in the background? 

Back to the top

DrDRE said

Yeah it's still got the glass sunroof! It came with a massive binder of history, there was photos in the binder from 1999, im guessing thats when you had it, can make out a red cab in the background? 

Lol that's right my dads old red cabrio;) yes I owned it in 1999

Back to the top
Tell me, what suspension did it have when you had it, it sits at a perfect height in the photos back then? 

Back to the top
oh nice one, I love it when stuff like this happens!  :)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

DrDRE said

Tell me, what suspension did it have when you had it, it sits at a perfect height in the photos back then? 

mmm if my remember rightly think it sat on spax's they were on the car when i brought it, firm ride but handled well :thumbs:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

oh nice one, I love it when stuff like this happens!  :)

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: me too loved that car but only sold it cos i really wanted a campaign at the time hence buy the campaign i got now in the same colour. got good memeries of that car hols in cornwall etc

Back to the top
Cool . Do you know of a Lhasa green mk1 , reg no YPG717Y ?

Back to the top
Yours looks good , YPG was my first gti , bought it ex dem in 1983 , should never have sold it :(

Back to the top
I have nearly all pvw back issues, bit of a geek like that :ninja: . Its amazing how styles have changed. Will post some scans up if anyone interested, still need most of 1997 though.

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top

Wolfsburg-Boy said

is my first mk1 still kicking around?? DRE 161Y?
Thought i would send you a picture of DRE now he is complete, got a few little things to do over the rest of the winter but hes in good health!!

Back to the top
That's so nice  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.