Skip navigation

south west, Brean beach meet

Back to the top

"copied from retro rides"

OK, here's the heads-up on this, it seems a long way into the future but it's only actually eleven weeks away as I type.

If you've been before you know the drill. There's no entertainment, no trade stands….it's just a chilled-out meet in a public car park that just happens to be an enormous beach.

AFAIK there's no parking charge as it's still officially out of season, but don't quote me on that. We've certainly never had to part with any money in the past.

Sometimes there's an on-site catering caravan that serves excellent tea/coffee/burgers/hot dogs. Sometimes there isn't. You're welcome to bring your own food and BBQ it on the beach, mind.

Just two 'rules'.

1. TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME. If you can't do that, Scott from Rust Rash Flyers has very kindly offered to drop a dozen dustbins on the beach in the morning, and take them home again afterwards. USE THE BINS.

2. NO HOONING. Berrow Beach is a public car park and is covered by the Road Traffic Act. If you get caught driving like an ar5ehole on the beach you'll be prosecuted in exactly the same manner as you would on a public road. Plus bear in mind that it's a popular local spot on a weekend so we'll be sharing the beach with local walkers/families/horseriders. There's a 5mph speed limit on the sand as well as a blanket ban on driving about for no reason. If you want to show off your dubious drift skills, then please do it somewhere else.

There will be a display of cars on the day from the guys who are doing Monte Carlo Or Rust in late May, in which they'll be driving from the UK down to Monte Carlo and back again to raise money for The Shakespeare Hospice in Stratford-uopn-Avon.

Link here: http://www.facebook.com/MonteCarloOrRust

The order's already gone in for decent weather….this will actually be the eighth time we've had a beach meet, so far all but one has been blessed with sunshine. Fingers crossed!

See you on March 24th

Read more: http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c … z2IAGXF7rR

Back to the top
I got this on the calendar hopefully get a few mk1's to go along :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
yep we will be there , ive also sent a group txt out to see who's interested

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers for text rich. cant make this will be in birmingham for the day. The beach looks better thou. Have a good one.

Back to the top
I should be heading over, my mates will be coming too in there little caddys..
Had a busy week at work so it'll be nice to get some sea air in me..  :lol:

Back to the top
ill be there :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Ain't gonna be any sunny shots this year I don't think brrrrrrr…   I'll be there though.. we meeting anywhere?

Back to the top
Gordano 10am apparently rich is getting the coffee's in ;)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
I've just read on Facebook this meet has been postpond until th 7th April due to bad weather. 

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Probably just as well ..

Back to the top

James_W said

I've just read on Facebook this meet has been postpond until th 7th April due to bad weather. 

Have you got the link please pal..  :(

Back to the top

BIGNICKC said

James_W said

Go to the home page in the first post and then regional meets and I think its the first post..  :thumbs:

Have you got the link please pal..  :(

Back to the top
It's on the retro rides forum too prosponed til April 7th

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Having had the day booked off from 'er in doors for car related undertakings,took a little trip to the coast!
Thank fluff they called it off, it weren't half chilly..  :o

Back to the top
fair play for still taking a drive out, it was bloomin freezing !

so who is up for the new dates then

names down:

1. richyhill
2. Arf333
3. blans
4. pearcestu
5. mrmcleod113 ? TBC
6. BIGNICKC? TBC
7. SparkStu & Nikki? TBC
8. Gasco? TBC
9. Nathan black tin top? TBC

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Count me in boss.  :thumbs:

I should have a couple of mk1 caddys in tow too..

Back to the top
Count me in for new date :thumbs:

Back to the top
col looks like theres gonna be afew mk1s there :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
1. richyhill
2. Arf333
3. blans
4. pearcestu
5. mrmcleod113 ? TBC
6. BIGNICKC
7. SparkStu & Nikki? TBC
8. Gasco
9. Nathan black tin top? TBC

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
theres also casper, pslot, the guy with t2 from dubaid :) could get onto them

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.