Skip navigation

RS6 Plus and T5R Gul

Back to the top

So much to do so little time

Well today has been a bad day consumed by household duties.. Another weekend that the Mk1 has lay untouched… On the plus side got a few bits through the post. On the down side was out Friday night had way to many now I'm skint and slightly depressed lol…
So I thought I'd post another couple of projects that I've busy with to..
There not mine but I seem to be the one with the tools.. Or a case of all the gear nae idea haha..

Never took much persuading but my old man got himself a new toy, The black beast.
Looks like the mk1s floor space is numbered! Been driving it a bit and its for definate gonna be mine!!!! Just need to stop spending every bolt on my projects…
The bros is the volvo was originally a joint buy but seen as it turned out a good in with not much needed its all his and a daily now 😊

Am I spending my dollar on the right things I start to wonder 😳

Back to the top
Hope you all like these dog boxes.. They are great cars to drive and lots of car for the monies

Back to the top
The RS6 is and always has been a beast. Must cost a bomb to maintain.  O_o

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

The RS6 is and always has been a beast. Must cost a bomb to maintain.  O_o

Well it is depending on what's needed! The guy we got it from was a top man and supplied us with all the stuff required for a belt change! That was after we were long gone to.. Still in touch with him.. He got not much change out of £700 from tps.. Getting the work done for £400 so that's not bad:) it's not going to get driven hard so the brakes tyres box etc should be ok.. 

Back to the top
Is it one of the early ones with air suspension?

Back to the top
Yeah has drc suspension on it which was replaced under warranty with the newer struts and valves that supersed the problematic ones.. Supposedly lol so hope no problems.. 
Already picked up a new boxed strut which was cheap cheap on eBay for the spares box.. Just in case. As it handles and feels amazing so coilovers isn't really an option..
It's the C5 model.. limited end of line Plus so comes with the anthericite wheels uptated brakes
480bhp developed in the uk by cosworth bigger power band
different exhaust 
Chassis number and engine code match the production number which is plagued inside
Lowered 10mm
Different steering rack 
2extra radiators
All black trim with the tan 
All standard, so its a bit of a hidden gem..

Back to the top
What a huge reply hope that answers the question smudger😄

Back to the top
I think I recognise the dog box? You chris from falkirk area?

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

:lol: yeah mate just about. I have always admired the RS6 but a bit out of my price range. Good news suspension was replaced under warranty as have read some horror stories of people having to shell out 6 or 7k to get it fixed :(

Lovely car mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Haha sure is Daz..
Am liking the berg build mate!

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Dubbuds said

:lol: yeah mate just about. I have always admired the RS6 but a bit
out of my price range. Good news suspension was replaced under warranty as
have read some horror stories of people having to shell out 6 or 7k to get it fixed :(

Lovely car mate.  :thumbs:
Think that's been a bump in the old days maybe.. The strut I got from eBay was brand new boxed for £39.99.. Got it for the starting bit so keeping my eyes peeled! The charging of the system can be where some faults arise if its not done right… Handles immense thou! And well off my budget to mate I just like looking at it :lol: 

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

golf_coupe said

Haha sure is Daz..

wasnt sure if it was you or not chrissy :cool:RS6 looks amazing,when did he get that?

and its not a berg build,its a burt build ;)

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Dubbuds said

golf_coupe said

Haha sure is Daz..

wasnt sure if it was you or not chrissy :cool:RS6 looks amazing,when did he get that?

and its not a berg build,its a burt build ;)
Cheers mate it is defo the boss I just drool at!!
Got it just before new year.. I spotted it on the RS6 forum so down to Wales we went and he took it :) 👏

Back to the top
looks a brammer :thumbs:

Back to the top
I WANT THAT RS6 LOL lovely mate always wanted one of these am i right in saying the RS6 were all autos, but RS4 you had the choose??? sorry dont much about em what to learn as you never know one day;);)

Back to the top

Wolfsburg-Boy said

I WANT THAT RS6 LOL lovely mate always wanted one of these am i right in saying the RS6 were all autos, but RS4 you had the choose??? sorry dont much about em what to learn as you never know one day;);)

Yeah all autos with paddle shift unless you fit an RS4 manual lol.. 

Back to the top
that is a mean looking 6

Back to the top
I hate you! Ive been looking for an RS6 at the right price on and off for ages. One of the best colour/interior combos imo you have there.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Didn't expect to see another RS6 on here - very nice!

These things cost a small fortune to run.. the one outside has probably cost us £7k in maintenance and servicing in the last 12months  :(

Wouldn't change it for the world though  :lol:

Back to the top

Dil_ said

Didn't expect to see another RS6 on here - very nice!

These things cost a small fortune to run.. the one outside has probably cost us £7k in maintenance and servicing in the last 12months  :(

Wouldn't change it for the world though  :lol:
Dear dear that's a lot of wedge almost buy another. This ones a plus and will stay stock What work did you have done to it?  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.