Mk1 Gti soon to be dumping

Don't know

Still don't know
The question
You do not have permission to vote

Back to the top

Mk1 project slow

smudger1980 said

I  think the AGU has forged pistons than can take up to about 300bhp? Could be wrong though

Not sure mate I can't remember the cranks rods etc were all different to some being forged and some weaker than others.. But I think it may handle more than 300horse 

Back to the top
Some progress

Back to the top
Some more getting ready for the vht

I takes an age rubbing these furry bits down but I don't know any sandblasters yet.. More visible bits will get powdered eventually.. The inlet will probably get powder coated but I'm to impatient lol..
Then the Creiff Audi meet stole a well deserved Sunday and kept me clean:)

This was early doors but got much busier and was a quality day with 650 brake RS4 supercharged new rs4s 10 old Quattros, a good mates mint rs2, s2s everything!!:D

Back to the top
Nice work there matey.

Love a fast Audi, mint cars.  :cool:  :cool:

Back to the top
Very nice mate :thumbs:

Back to the top
gutted I missed the audi day. Its all the wee footery bits that take ages

Back to the top

Suns out and been banned from working on the golf today :lol:

Back to the top
Looks like a decent shell, bet you were happy. Loving the MK2's also, you like a 1.8t then lol

Where did you get the Carbon roof from? I have been after one for ages!

Joe

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
Nice pics mate, they've come up nicely.

Did the dog take your last pic??

Back to the top

Joe90k said

Looks like a decent shell, bet you were happy. Loving the MK2's also, you like a 1.8t then lol

Where did you get the Carbon roof from? I have been after one for ages!

Joe
Cheers matel.. Yeah i was pretty chuffed im hard to please thou… but its grew on me a lot and there getting that thin on the ground to find these days when this project came up it was exactly what i wanted. I terms of body work etc its all been done and im not getting rust in my eyes stripping it 😄 It was lws carbon for the roof there on eBay to. Waited a long long time for it and then the forge berg build got priority but was worth the wait.

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nice pics mate, they've come up nicely.

Did the dog take your last pic??

Hhaha :lol: I just noticed that. Couldn't have done that if we tried :thumbs:
Bits are turning out good,  Anything beats the rust and fur look eh..

Back to the top
Indeed it does mate. Don't usually spot stuff like that tbh in pics but that one was obvious :lol:

Back to the top
It's my birthday coming up and my GF wanted to buy me something for the car as she did for crimbo.. So drive shafts or a flywheel and clutch it was… until!

Omg, what has she done😐I'm hooked.. Completed Womb Raider in 2 very late nights I'm addicted now but il try not to let it effect the cars to much.. Although yesterday's time was halted lol… I still managed to get a wee bit done..

Back to the top
I painted the rocker cover black on satuarday and I picked up some stainless steel allen head bolts and washers. Just need to order some m7 ones now which are apparently hard to get.

Painted the head

So while I'm waiting on the gasket set to arrive I thought I would marry some of it up to make sure I get the bolt lengths all sorted out.
How its looking now

Timing belt to do and the gaskets and sump bolts plus a few other parts need cleaned up and painted..  Then its on to the gearbox and hopefully il get it in:) Pretty chuffed with how its coming on it just takes to long..

Last edit: by Dubbuds

Back to the top
Love the rocker cover mate, looks stealthy. Wish I had done mine now in black :(

Ah well will have to take it off and spray it at some point :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Love the rocker cover mate, looks stealthy. Wish I had done mine now in black :(

Ah well will have to take it off and spray it at some point :lol:
Thanks man :thumbs:
Il be using the engine cover most of the time if it fits. I done it black so the stainless bolts stood out a bit plus silver gets dirty lol.
I'm going to be doing the box in black to, looking forward to that as it should be a bit quicker..

Back to the top
Had a carbon fibre Forge cover but sold it on here recently as had a change of heart. Not sure what to run now if anything :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Had a carbon fibre Forge cover but sold it on here recently as had a change of heart. Not sure what to run now if anything :)
Thought about the forge one for mine to tie in with the roof there smart. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Yeah they are but I fancy something smaller. Just researching at the moment.  

Back to the top
Just picked this up on the scrappies for a fiver:) whoop whoop

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.