Skip navigation

Mk1 Gti soon to be dumping

Don't know

Still don't know
The question
You do not have permission to vote

Back to the top

Mk1 project slow

So having a good skive, sorry lunch today and having a hunt for a poly rear gear box mount that I know I have!! Can't find it anywhere but discovered iv been buying doubles of some bits which is a wee bit annoying. 
Few pics then back to work:)

So got my mounts in order now
Want to get them to the coaters but waitin till I have a few more bits ready first

Found my new gti badges I bought years ok still need the volkswagon one 

New lights from euro car parts

One has a bit of trimming to do on the lens, but there ok ish…
Also opened up a bag with this in, I thought I only kept an engine loom from the past but iv got another fuse box here plus some dash switches so il have a better look another time some ends are cut to but hey it's a start… Back to the grind

Back to the top
Nice purchases mate. This is going to be epic.  :cool:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nice purchases mate. This is going to be epic.  :cool:

Thanks mate :thumbs: its going to a while in the making as I have holidays etc this year :dry:  and iv got work to do to my mk2.. money's just a dream at the mo… Think il have to sell some bits off for funds soon hahah.
Looking forward to seeing what power urs makes :) 

Back to the top
Picked up an engine stand but getting it in the garage was a job… 
I'm ashamed.. My neighbour seen in here and he couldn't believe his eyes😳 haha.. He'll never understand!!

I think I need to get organised again

Back to the top
Wow a fair old collection of MK1 related parts mate. Better get sorting :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Wow a fair old collection of MK1 related parts mate. Better get sorting :lol:

Pity the majority is junk… There's four engines in there somewhere the lofts worse  :lol:  

Back to the top
Managed to get some time in after work before it got dark.. 
My aim today was to get the dual mass flywheel off and get the engine stand bracket bolted on so it would be ready for when I can borrow my mates hoist.
One of the bolt decided to shear.. It's usually the last one but this time it was the first.. 
I got the rest out then started to drill it out😳 3 drill bits later I gave up for today! I decided to just get the loom off and a few other bits before it got dark… 
Its time I fitted a light in my own garage for a change… Ill do this soon so I can get busy….
Heres a before and after pic for the diary

Left it like this for now

I have a task getting this bolt out and there seems to be a lot of goop in the breathers so I can see this being a bigger job than I wanted😳

Back to the top
You will find things mate as you go along I know we have on mine.  :dry:  :dry:

Back to the top
Ill have a couple of those spare bushes depending on what I still need I think,going to have a rake over the car and see whats done and whats not but I might end up just getting a full pack. Going to be fun up here with yours jays and mines lmao,just need to talk wee craig into pulling the 16v out his as well now

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Ill have a couple of those spare bushes depending on what I still need I think,going to have a rake over the car and see whats done and whats not but I might end up just getting a full pack. Going to be fun up here with yours jays and mines lmao,just need to talk wee craig into pulling the 16v out his as well now

Cheers for that daz but I managed to find it in the garage the day.. I found a set of mk1 jetta front lights and indicators to if ur interested lol? Will be good.. There's another in the pipeline up here to iv heard :lol: This one will not be for all out bhp maybe ko4 it if something pops up good for the mk2 thou :ninja:  

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

You will find things mate as you go along I know we have on mine.  :dry:  :dry:

Thats what iv got to look forward to mate I broke the dipstick housing to today that was another sickner. :|

Back to the top
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3RxyNTMNG_0#
For all you turbo nuts… Remember your mk1 will probably be quicker than this.. Hope it gets u motivated!

Last edit: by Dubbuds

Back to the top
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZuXdweiQw#
This is the only to videos Iv got of this car

Last edit: by Dubbuds

Back to the top
Where did you get the rear suspension poly top mounts dude ?  Looking for a set for mine but cant find them.

Cheers !!

Bag.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Where did you get the rear suspension poly top mounts dude ?  Looking for a set for mine but cant find them.

Cheers !!

Bag.

There for a mk2 bag.. My mk1 does have them thou, they hold the strut brace in but sorry im not sure where there from mate!
I couldn't find them for the mk2 either searched high and low. These came up on eBay eventually.

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Cheers for that daz but I managed to find it in the garage the day.. I found a set of mk1 jetta front lights and indicators to if ur interested lol? Will be good.. There's another in the pipeline up here to iv heard :lol: This one will not be for all out bhp maybe ko4 it if something pops up good for the mk2 thou :ninja:  

Ill take the lights depending what your after for them ;)

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Dubbuds said

golf_coupe said

Dubbuds said

Don't know a price mate but we can sort somethin out. Just let me know when you want to see them cos I'm having a tidy  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Im away back up north on tuesday and im at UD this weekend but I need to get over to torwood anyway to drop of some bbs bits to a guy,you still in your folks bit I take it?

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Im away back up north on tuesday and im at UD this weekend but I need to get over to torwood anyway to drop of some bbs bits to a guy,you still in your folks bit I take it?

No mate in Larbert or Falkirk now is that the mk4 and corrado guy maybe? Let me know when ur headin over and ill prob be about..

Back to the top
Ill be out and about from dinnertime today but ill try and catch you
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.