Skip navigation

What have I done ??? Project shell.

Back to the top
So I ve brought another series 2 3 door golf  to have some fun in .  A friend told me he had a bare rolling shell that he needed to get sell. As he wanted rid of his storage unit . So me being the one that can't refuse mk1 decide to buy it. I had a load of spare parts from other mk1 I got that I ve been selling on eBay. And decide I build this car out of spare I ve got   
 So I brought it start of January but took 3 weeks to get to me. Dam recovery firms. So I finally got to see it last night quickly.  I had all sort of ideas that I wanted to do  should it be a berg cup rep or stripped out track style car or even just original with a few nice touches. But for 1 thing it won't be a show car, build them already and they take way to long. 
  So I ll have to start up loading the pictures as the parts come in and the vehicle as l go. 

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
good potential mate, keep up the good work

Back to the top
So I had some spare 3 hrs on Sunday so I ve stripped down the bay and had a look around the car. Not in bad condition apart from the roof needs some work. 

Water from the transport company

What it looked like when I had finished. 

Back to the top
So had a few spare hours before work so thought better get some done.  All arch sealer nearly gone now 
then removed battery tray and notched the chassis leg and started getting the bay for smoothing. 

Back to the top
Looking good 

Hopfully get stuck into mine soon 

Back to the top
looking good paul, dont know where you find the time and money for all these projects….maybe u got a pet monkey sanding & building away lol…….

Back to the top
Another project  :o  :o

Good luck with it mate. What's the plan engine wise??

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

looking good paul, dont know where you find the time and money for all these projects….maybe u got a pet monkey sanding & building away lol…….

I wish. I work hard so l have to treat mYself mate . Only work 1 and half days a week on them

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Another project  :o  :o

Good luck with it mate. What's the plan engine wise??

Oh guess you found another 1 of builds.
this will be a quick build so l can have some fun .
dot a tdi engine and a 20 v turbo engine waiting to go in but fancy something different

Back to the top
Ahhh decisions decisions.  ;)

Back to the top
So been busy with the project the past too week no time to get the pictures up. So I welled up all the holes in the bay apart from 2 that I need to keep. And kept the rain tray. 
Then started the filler work what a long job. 
So when I finished that it was time to finish of the c notches 

Back to the top
:thumbs:

Back to the top
Looks good mate. Coming along nicely.

Back to the top
So I did a final prep of the bay. And got some etch paint on it.   
After that I stoned chip the lower half the bay in smooth finish . 
I felt good at this moment so had to give it some colour which led to this.  .
Will be trying on the front wings and doors before I attack the sill and rear quarters .

Back to the top
loving the colour

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

loving the colour

+1, nice colour mate. Good work.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Swallowtail_uk said

loving the colour

+1, nice colour mate. Good work. :thumbs:

Thanks the mad thing is I ve had this colour for 4 years. Was going to paint my first mk1  , but went ibis white. Now 5 mk1 later I finally done it. 

Back to the top
agreed, bay looks awesome, that colour is real nice, what is it? original vw colour or no?

'83 formel e
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.