Skip navigation

Millfischk's Mk1 Golf GX 5 door

Back to the top
So here is my Mk1 I bought from a member on here a few months back and thought I would start my build thread.

The car is GX which is a runout model of mk1 golf, powered by a 1457cc engine and as you see is a 5dr with all the chrome trims. The previous owners did not want to sell but due to moving to a new house with no garage they didnt feel comfortable parking on the roadside. The previous owned the car since 2000 and had spent a significant amount on the car including a brand new weber replacement carb and respray including new panels in 2009 costing a fair packet and a massive folder of receipt and service history.

These pics are on the 4 hour drive back home which she ran perfect all the way back. Also pictured with one of my other toys the Mk4 Golf R32

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
Looks nice pal! Recognised your username from R32oc :thumbs:I was scaniadub on there. Lovely R as well. miss mine everyday:(

Back to the top
Here is a couple pics of her settling in to her new home

Back to the top

R32tom said

Looks nice pal! Recognised your username from R32oc :thumbs:I was scaniadub on there. Lovely R as well. miss mine everyday:(

Yep, I remember the name from when you was selling alot of stuff on there. Did I buy the Leather Armrest from you??

Back to the top
erm, possible, i can't remember!!:lol::lol:Had that much stuff hanging around :'(What plans have you got for the Mk1? anything major?

Back to the top
Not definately sure yet tbh, at the moment im generally tidying the engine bay with some gloss black and buying new bushes, brakes, wishbones etc. I will update with the bits ive done so far over the next couple days when I get time

Back to the top

The first job I done was polish the centre caps on the original wheels as there was alot of surface rust on them.

Back to the top
I then bought these from a local VW club member.

Back to the top
And this is during fitting (which is an absolute pain in the bum)

Back to the top
Lovely car matey. Well done!
Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
That's cracking looking GX. R32 looks nice too  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
A pair of very nice Golfs you have there. Like the opening front quarters on the mk1 - a nice touch. Whats your plans for the GX - mod or keep original ?

Back to the top
Thanks guys, plans are undecided at the moment as I keep changing my mind. At the moment its being made as clean as I can get it under the bonnet aswel as the underside.

Back to the top
Lovely purchase. She looks like a good'un. How come the opening quarters were a pain in the bum to fit??

Back to the top
They take alot of pushing and nudging to get the seals right into there correct position. I dont know if there is an easy way to do it, but I done it the manual way with slowly pushing it in.

Thinking about now a bit of lubricant of the rubber would of helped   :P

Back to the top
This is currently how the front sits and am rebuilding all front suspension and painting a few bits black to tidy it up.

Back to the top
Have ordered new powder coated and seam welded wishbones from crazyquiffs with polybushes and new ball joints.

Had the new brake disc backing plates arrive as originals fell to bits when removing, aswel as paint to have lot of parts resprayed.

Back to the top
Tried some of the R32 wheels against the mk1 and think they may be a bit big haha.

Back to the top

millfischk69 said

Tried some of the R32 wheels against the mk1 and think they may be a bit big haha.

OMG u got more pics on this thread than u do on Dubgen! Haha

Back to the top
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I think the wheels are best left on the R32.

As for the windows a bit of lube always helps things into the right place  :thumbs:  ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.