Skip navigation

My AUSTRIAN IMPORT 3 door GL! - **FOR SALE SOON ** :-(

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Get a dent master guy out its amazing what they can do its pretty much unbelievable. It won't be perfect but it'll be better and battle scars are cool :thumbs:

+1. Agree with comments above. Get it sorted mate and it will be well worth the effort :)

Back to the top
Nice 1 man….Werent the uzzie ones rhd rather the lhd…..??..

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Correction

I thought itwas australian….

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Get the dent master to work his magic - send the little old lady the bill - sorted.

Back to the top
Haha ^

Yeah I think you guys are right, it does need sorting. But the rubbish phone camera and my incredible touch up skills (not) are hiding the fact the door and rear quarter are really scraped up, and the paint is pretty poor condition, so even with the dents pulled out it will still look damaged. When I polished it you wouldn't believe how much touch up paint came off revealing all the scrapes. It looked like the lady had applied the touch up paint with a brush intended to cover interior walls with dulux!

So I've touched it all back in a little bit more carefully now but still doesn't look pretty. I'll take a few close up photos to show what I mean. But it might be worth get a dent man in, in the interim before I get it properly painted.

Cheers for your comments guys!

Now I've just got to sort the idle problem… Grrr

Back to the top
Battle scars! Think I'll get this painted soon, will just niggle me otherwise. Still not that obvious, but theres loads of touch up on these panels.

New sticker in rear window  

Back to the top
Finally got some OG bumpers on there! think it looks much better with the S2 GL bumpers, plus the chrome bumpers niggled me as they aren't original to the year of the car.

Last edit: by Ronnie85

Back to the top
Also got its MOT the other day now. Just need to register it and its away :D

Only problem is that you cant visit the DVLA office anymore to register same day  :'( you have to send it off to Swansea and wait 2 weeks  :P

Back to the top
Better quality photos added  :)

Back to the top
The new bumpers look really nice. Do you have to revamp them or did they come looking that good ?

Back to the top

watson said

The new bumpers look really nice. Do you have to revamp them or did they come looking that good ?

Cheers Watson! I painted the front one with your tips, cheers! :thumbs:  Just need to paint the back one now to match as it doesnt look as new as the front one

Back to the top
looking great!

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Those bumpers look a world better on that car, they even make the wheels look like they fit better.  Dents aren't too appalling now you've given the paint a bit of attention, they're not the nicest thing to look at but they look marginally better than they did.

Love the interior most of all, that's just superb.

Back to the top
Your car looks fantastic, I love it :wub:

Back to the top
Thanks for the nice comments guys, yep next on the list is to get the dents sorted and painted

Back to the top
looks great in the pics  :thumbs: the chrome strip bumpers are definitely better than the s1 chrome ones, very nice indeed

'83 formel e

Back to the top
love the interior

Back to the top
great project

Back to the top
Car looks smashing mate. Congrats.  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Cheers for the nice comments guys!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.