Skip navigation

My AUSTRIAN IMPORT 3 door GL! - **FOR SALE SOON ** :-(

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Love the wheels - the stance will be spot on too ;)

Thanks mate, yeah just got to stick the rear coilovers on, I'll have a slight rake but not that much  :lol:

Back to the top
Looks spot on mate. Get those rear coilovers on though. It's going to be nice and low when it's finished. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Got the rear coilovers on today. Looks much better… Just need to get some new bumpers now and sort out the idle issue. Then off for an MOT.

Took the headrests off…

Back to the top
Loving the stance mate. Top banana  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Yep, thats sorted  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Lovely car, fab interior and great colour. Definitely preferred the standard look though pretty hard to find one that original. But at least it's reversible.

Wife, kids, car……not necessarily in that order.

Back to the top
Cheers Guys, yeah I'll keep all the standard bits just in case, but I'm really not a fan of non lowered mk1's so it'll stay like this in my ownership.

Back to the top
just got to find some good grey or black and chrome bumpers now... anyone know where I can get some? mine are pretty sctratched up, dont want to put them back on...

Back to the top
lovely mk1 you've got there :) found anything interesting when cleaning it out? any european twists?

Back to the top
Been a while since the last update. Mainly because it was leaking oil out of the exhaust manifold (opened a thread in small block engines). Finally figured out it was coming through the exhaust mani studs! bit of sealant around the base of the studs has sorted it all out.

Turns out there isnt an idle issue either, once hot it sits nicely at the correct place, just couldn't get it hot enough before, before it started to spew out oil!

So next up is a quick service. change plugs, filters, oil etc. Then got someone next week to take it away for an MOT.  Then can register  :)

Found a new black bumper with the chrome strips… Just need to find a front to match now and then its ready to roll! :D

Back to the top
Sounds good Ronnie. Lovely car you've got there. Are you bringing her to the AGM??

Back to the top
Cheers Smudger. Not sure, depends whether I get it done in time and if it feels reliable enough to get it up there  :lol:

Back to the top
My company Bullet Wheels have these coming in shortley - G60 Replicas in 15x7, 15x8 and 15x9. Thought I'd trial fit 15x8 and 15x9 on the mk1 for a laugh knowing they would look too wide, but thought I'd post a pic up for you guys :lol:

Back to the top
Difficult to tell exactly without tyres on but they do look wide :lol:

Back to the top
mmmm like them !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Haha, definitely dont think they would fit with tyres on the rears. Will definately be running these in 15x7, 15x8 in the winter though

Will be about £340 - £360 a set depending on size once there in stock though. Should be a bit cheaper than buying g60's and getting them banded (plus paint and all the shipping etc), and obviously much less hassle.

Back to the top
Go for it mate is what I say. :)

Back to the top
Right, due to my never ending search for a decent series 2 front bumper with chrome strips and not being able to find anything!  :P  I've decided to take a slight deviation from originality and found a cheap set of chrome bumpers! So these are going to stay on until I find a good front bumper to match the rear I've got in storage. I love the look but I did want to keep this car as original as possible (bar lowering and wheels), so these will come off as soon as I find a good front one.

Here you can also see the damage the little old lady has done to the offside  :rolleyes:   :lol:

Not sure whether to leave it like this, as its all original paint and is kind of shows its story and life. Or whether I should get the door and rear panel repainted?? What do you guys think?

Back to the top
If you'd left it on the original bumpers and wheels I'd say leave the dents.  Unfortunately, with the new wheels and lowering it makes it look like you've been irresponsible rather than that you've inherited it from someone who had the charming habit of parking by feel.

If you can get the dents pulled without damaging that lovely green paint that would be the happiest middle ground, you'd end up with near perfect which wouldn't look so bad.

Back to the top
Get a dent master guy out its amazing what they can do its pretty much unbelievable. It won't be perfect but it'll be better and battle scars are cool :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.