Skip navigation

My AUSTRIAN IMPORT 3 door GL! - **FOR SALE SOON ** :-(

Back to the top
Love that colour. Nice find that man :thumbs:

Back to the top

bigrvg said

Love that colour. Nice find that man :thumbs:

Thanks dude, yours is definately inspiration for mine!

Back to the top
thats a very nice find mate, has it got to the uk yet? where abouts are you? good luck  :cool:

Back to the top
What a great find. Post up some pics when you collect it.

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

thats a very nice find mate, has it got to the uk yet? where abouts are you? good luck  :cool:
 thanks! Spoke to the shipping company, think its going to arrive Wednesday now. I live in Farnham in Surrey.

Back to the top
Slight Delay... Coming tomorrow morning. Will post up pics. Cant wait!

Back to the top
:ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
:thumbs:

Back to the top
That car is a little beauty, well done, nice find!!

I think that car was the inspiration for my old Mk4 Turbo which had the same colour interior(but in leather).

Back to the top
 :(  Delivery delayed. The other cars the shipping company were picking up were cancelled. So they wont deliver until they pick up a couple more cars to bring to the UK or they will lose money. Very annoying and frustrating. But I guess thats the risk you take if you go for a cheap quote as they need other cars with it, for them to make enough money. They reckon another 2-3 days… Fingers crossed.  O_o

Back to the top
Awww nevermind mate, still gives you summit to look forward too :thumbs:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Car looks great mate! Looking forward to seeing photos when you get it!

Back to the top
Thats a shame. Like Chris says though ,at least you've still got it to look forward to. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Back to the top
proper stuff,nice motor dude!

Back to the top
Pants luck mate but she is going to be worth the wait.

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
thanks guys, not sure when I'll get it, the guy said he hasnt got any other bookings at the moment.  O_o

hopefully soon.

Back to the top
2 Weeks later its finally arived!!  :)

Its in pretty good condition. Very solid. A few things to sort out:

- Exhaust is blowing
- Doesnt run off choke (idle jet needs a clean maybe?)
- rocker cover seal is leaking oil
- offside door and rear quarter is fairly dented, where the granny clearly had a blind spot  

But all in all very pleased, seriously solid, only a little brown round the wheel arches. Interior is like brand new! Shouldnt take much to get it MOT'd and on the road.

Back to the top
Its got some cool dealership stickers. The clock on the windscreen is pretty funny, I have no idea what its for but the little plastic hand twists to change the time??? Dunno what thats for.

Back to the top
So all I managed to do today was take off the bumpers and strips to give it a damn good clean and remove what seemed like 30 years of filth.

Here you can see the granny damage!

Back to the top
Looked a bit better after a wash. Just need to clean off some of the waxoil and it will be pretty tidy (apart from the ugly side that I think I will get painted at some point)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.