funk-star said

That's a silly reply to make! 

What……..

supercalifraglistic..?

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

vwbug said

Is it really? If you ask for best offers naturally you are going to get silly offers made :)

Let's put it this way, how do you value a used part? If none have sold then you have to guess! And I have to do a lot of guessing, so by putting a best offer it allows a bit of space to be wrong.

It's the same as people putting ONO in a advert. If you had a car for sale for £1200 Ono you wouldn't expect people to offer £150 now would you! It's the same thing.

Obviously if you have a item for sale with ono I'm assuming that I can put offers in way below  the asking price as you put Ono.  :lol:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
I needed a new key board for my Lap top. Normal price £9.90. I offered £9.40 which is about 5% off. he turned it down. Sometimes there must be so little margin it's not really worth offering a best offer option to customers.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
:lol: He turned down 50p discount? If you are going to do that it begs the question what on Earth are you doing setting the auction up with a Best Offer option  :P

Back to the top
my thoughts exactly

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
Well he turned down 90p off before lol, which was about 10%.   :lol:

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
What a throbbing member of a seller he must be then  :lol:  :lol:  :ocf_emoticons__2guns:

Back to the top
i had a 1.8 turbo conversion for sale on ebay.
had it up at 550 and i was wanting 500 which is a very good price.
i kept getting offers of 100 pounds so i took it of and left it in the garage as one day a customer will need an engine and they will be happy paying 400 for the bare engine.

Back to the top
If you've got the space mate and don't have to sell it why not keep it as you say to increase in value and rarity.

Back to the top
All the items that I sell on ebay are listed with a buy it now price with immediate payment by Paypal only. I don't bother with cheques or postal orders as I found them to be too much hassle. My price always includes postage and packaging as this negates any possibility of negative feedback that some customers would leave if they thought that you had profited from the postage. They forget that there is packaging materials, time spent,trip to the post office and the actual Royal Mail costs incurred.

Sticker Pig
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.