Skip navigation

Dubaid 3 - Charlton Park nr Malmesbury, Wiltshire. Clubstand booked Sat 16th March

Back to the top

3 Day even Fri 16th - Sun 17th, Camping availible. Clubstand booked for the saturday

Morrisons is good for me, what time ??

Back to the top
Ive just had a look at the website and it says show starts at 9am

So i was thinking if we meet at Morrisons at 8:30 ??

Its M4 J17 head south towards Chippenham for 3 or 4 miles and it should be on a round-a-bout on the right hand side, the address google has given me is:

W Cepen Way,
Chippenham,
South West
SN14 6UZ

That then gives us half hour to get to the show which i think is more than enough :) ill get some directions from morrisons to the showground printed out and bring with me

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Directions,

Junction 17 - M4,
Head towards Chippenham on the A350  (Morrisons is only five mins from the M4)

As you near the town you'll go through a couple of sets of traffic lights, at the first round-a-bout turn right (second exit) still on the A350 (West Cepen Way)
Morrisons is on the left hand side, the entrance is at the next round-a-bout. If you need to fill up, there is a Morrisons petrol station on the right with the shop and car park on the left.

Back to the top
Fantastic

Looking forward to this guys, anyone Bristol way or coming past Bristol to meet, can meet us at Halfords car park for 7.30am , address is:

Cribbs Causeway Retail Park, Centaurus Rd, Patchway, Bristol BS34 5TS

See you all tomorrow

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
if anyone can bring a maping tabke that would be great

scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry guys by the time i got there it was closed

Back to the top
no worries mate it was a complete wash out.

the day went something like this:
we had breakfast, got lost, followed a camper, got lost, witness said camper get side swiped by a lorry, give statements to police, drive back the way we came, be refused onsite to to mud, park down the road, walk on site, spend 10 minutes there, get shouted out for parking on the grass verge, go home, wash mud off the car lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
was a nightmare day

and all down to the weather  :P

hopefully the next show will go to plan !!!!

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Got to say it certainly was an eventful day, I thought the best bit was when the lorry driver said it was our fault that he nearly flattened the camper as we were driving in a slow moving convoy !!

Well if keeping up with the traffic at 40 mph (the speed limit on that road) was slow a slow moving convoy then he's got us bang to rights.

Why he decided that overtaking 3 Mk1 cabbys and an old Vdub camper, all at once, on a single carriageway road, up hill, with a speed limit of 40mph was a good idea, I'll never know. He must have shot past us at least 60, luckily for the camper he'd veered as far to the left as he could before the lorry hit !!

For once the police were in the right place at the right time as well, just two places behind the lorry which was behind Scott !!

As it was, the lorry was turning right half a mile down the road anyway…..still can't work out what the driver was thinking, just sheer impatience which could have been a lot more serious than it was. We were all lucky !!

Other than that, and the show being a wash out, I still enjoyed the drive out !!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.