Skip navigation

1982 Rebuild,1.8t 20v My First MK1!

Back to the top
The way it is triangulated means that it can still flex horizontally. because it is all on a flat plane it simply stops any sway from side to side. i doubt it will crack due to the grade of metal used. 

Back to the top
Hey, apologies for the delays. Not a huge amount has moved on since febuary due to work commitments :(
Before things slowed down I managed to take out the old poorly rolled off side arch and replace it with the new spaced out one as well as replacing the inner arch with a new slightly modified one

I then set about building a spit for it. After being fed up of welding/grinding upside down

Managed to then rope in some help to start stripping the underside

Hopefully wont be too long till its all tidied up underneath. Were moving to a new workshop next week so hopefully that wont delay by too much  :thumbs:

Back to the top
You're not alone in the slow progress department mate, I think most are going slowly mainly due to the awful weather we have been having recently. :(

She's coming along slowly nevertheless. :)

Back to the top
Tell me about it, slowly but surely. Yeah there was only so long i could run an oil heater for before i went bankrupt haha. 

Back to the top

1982 Rebuild,1.8t 20v My First MK1!

It's been a long time, and to be honest I had forgotten I had made this thread however thought I'd pick it up again. A lot has changed (aside from the car being no where near complete)…

Apologies to the purists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75 views (1.69 Mb)

83 views (2 Mb)

Back to the top
That's some beast in the boot, what engine is it?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.