Skip navigation

My MK1 Jetta first project

Back to the top
Lol it felt abit like that when i first got it up on the ramps but i've just been doing abit here and there and its really coming on now. Not looking forward to faffing on with the breaks though. Thing thats going to hold it back is my respray lol really want it ready for the mini show on 1st of june but dont want to rush it.

Back to the top
Plenty time, Rome wasn't built in a day :-)

Back to the top
It would have been if i'd been building it, hahah, no patience.

Back to the top
Ok so this is the orange im thinking of:

Back to the top

Back to the top
You know when you've been tango'd

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

You know when you've been tango'd

Oh NO, you can't say that!!! lol Thats almost enough to put me off now.

Got some work done this week, cleaned and primed the other side of the bay. Not going to spray it till the new valance is welded on.

Have my dad booked in at the start of May to do the welding :) Need to get the front and rear windcreens taken out first though - ideally without cutting the rubbers :/

Started sanding the rust of the drums too - going to take a while….

Back to the top
That wasn't my intention mate :lol: Apologies. There are different types of orange and they all look different. I have seen an orange MK1 before and it looked awesome. All I would say though is choose your shade carefully :lol:

Back to the top
some inspiration  :cool:  :cool:
orange mk1 golf - Google Search

Back to the top
Could be worse - it could be David Dickenson orange !!

Back to the top
This is what you want!

(it probably isn't lol, but I love it!)

http://audi-oooo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/audi-exclusive-exterior-colour-ipanema.html

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

That wasn't my intention mate :lol: Apologies. There are different types of orange and they all look different. I have seen an orange MK1 before and it looked awesome. All I would say though is choose your shade carefully :lol:

Lol that's ok. Yeah orange can look amazing or terrible.
Cheers golf_coupe - hadn't thought of google searching lol. Loving the dark orange 4/5th pic along. Will need to speak to the bodyshop and see what they say.

Back to the top
That's a nice shade Splitz - not quite what I'm looking for but nice and shiney lol.

Back to the top

JettyJ said

That's a nice shade Splitz - not quite what I'm looking for but nice and shiney lol.

Yea I thought as much lol! not quite orange-y enough!

Back to the top
Hahah yeah that one needs abit more David Dickenson to get it right.

Back to the top
I am sure you have already seen this one but here's a picture of the famous Edition 38 orange Mk1 Golf - the colour is Porsche Continental Orange - does go well if you are going down the old skool route…

Golf GLS 1980

Back to the top

runnin-idle said

I am sure you have already seen this one but here's a picture of the famous Edition 38 orange Mk1 Golf - the colour is Porsche Continental Orange - does go well if you are going down the old skool route…

That is spot on. Just right mate. Go for this shade :)

Back to the top
Under sealed the car this evening in the sun :) 

Ordering parts for the rear breaks tomorrow. Glad to get the underside sorted, hopping the exhaust will arrive this week so can get that back on and get it running abit. 

Need to refix the break pipes on underneath as some of the clips have broken.

Also in The process of arranging a visit to the body shop where I can show them the orange :)

Back to the top
sounds like it's really coming along now mate :thumbs:

i'm guessing you've probably seen Oli Ball's orange Jetta, was cover and feature of PVW Aug last year, really nice orange but was custom though I think.

some photos here (click photo to scroll through):
http://www.felgenoutlet.de/blog/details/98?locale=en

'83 formel e

Back to the top
Yeah I've got that copy by the side of my bed hahah. Yeah is a nice shade but will have to see what the paint shop say.

Am on holiday this week but its all go when I get back, exhaust and coilovers should arrive and my dads doing the welding that week and also off to the check out the paint shop. Not sure where I'm going to fit work in around that all lol. 

Have been struggling in the rear breaks slightly, got new shoes and cylinder but there are so many springs and bits - anyone got any tips? 
Also need some new allen screws that I think are 6mm as had to drill the old ones out :/
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.