Skip navigation

CABBY PICS!

Back to the top

Show us your Cabs or pictures of your fave Cabs!

Back to the top
Thats really nice.

Back to the top
Nice cab Dan. Love the colour.

Back to the top
Here's my baby,

I've always wanted a white small bumpered GTi cabby, but took ages trying to find one that hadn't been damaged or modified in any way.

She came with all the original build stickers and even her Birthday Plate, but in a woeful condition, having been sat under a tree for some time.

I'm slowly bringing her back to how she should be, including finding a good condition blue check interior, new roof, Scala Snowflakes dipped, coated diamond cut to factory finish and lacquered, fitted with Pirelli's.

Body resprayed.

Inner arches cleaned out, checked and sprayed L90E to match, and provide backdrop for coilovers.  I will replace coilovers woth refurbed original shocks and springs as funds allow.

Engine bearings replaced along with new oil pump, new fuel pumps, filters etc.

And Remember, Big Smile!!  Biiiig Smile!!!

Back to the top
very nice Chunksta, I take it that's how you got the car with the orange strips ??  :lol:

Out if interest how much is your car lowered ??

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Very nice, very clean  :thumbs:

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

my daily project, was sat in a garden for four years up untill xmas and now its fully legal, just got to give it a good clean, sort out the roof and a couple of minor electrical issues

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
Arf,

You're so cruel!!!

I did the orange stripes for Elemental.  

It was supposed to be a record attempt, but not very well managed!

Back to the top

Chunksta said

I will replace coilovers woth refurbed original shocks and springs as funds allow.

Let me know when you do.

White 1989 Golf GTi Cabriolet - sold!

Back to the top
Guys is my roof sitting right ? It has has a mohair roof fitted but there seems to be a slight gap at the top of the screen. I haven't stuck the seal on yet but it is in place ,and the hooks are fully tightened.
I can't see any daylight on the inside once the roof is closed and have tried loosening off the bolts and locking the roof then re-tightening them with no joy.
  any ideas guys ?

Cheers !!

Bag.

Back to the top
Seriously ? Baggie, your roof looks fine.

This thread started out with the best intentions… a thread where we can showcase some really nice cabby pics. And create a 'goto' place for cabby inspiration and the 'best of'
Now its full of reposted quoted quoted quotes of some flippin' door cards! This thread needs a diet.

Go post your roof pics in the help forum.

Last edit: by Mogs

Back to the top
Just showing pics of my cabby  O_o

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Just showing pics of my cabby  O_o
Don't get upset. I think they're great pictures, you really captured it's character.

Back to the top

arf333 said

very nice Chunksta, I take it that's how you got the car with the orange strips ??  :lol:

Out if interest how much is your car lowered ??

Arf,

About 40mm

Back to the top
Mine prior to going into the bodyshop for a few minor repairs and a full strip down/respray:

Back to the top
a couple of my favourites

Back to the top

Mogs said

This thread started out with the best intentions… a thread where we can showcase some really nice cabby pics. And create a 'goto' place for cabby inspiration and the 'best of'
Now its full of reposted quoted quoted quotes of some flippin' door cards! This thread needs a diet.

Bit harsh mate. No need for that really. He's after some help with his cabby roof. I'm sure if there was an issue with his choice of post a mod would be in touch or move it for him.

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Mogs said

Bit harsh mate. No need for that really. He's after some help with his cabby roof. I'm sure if there was an issue with his choice of post a mod would be in touch or move it for him.

Ronnie85 said

Not sure if there was a thread already on here for this but would be good to see photos of Cabriolets!

Either photos of yours or photo's of your favourites! I've seen some lovely Cabs on here, would be good to see them all in one thread! Post them up.

Back to the top
I get the feeling you were one of those difficult children?  ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

I get the feeling you were one of those difficult children?  ;)

I put a twig up a cat's bum once. But apart from that I was fairly well behaved.

I'm here to have fun, help other members and enjoy the forum. Here are some pictures to help balance out all the requotes of door cards and close ups of Apillars.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.