Skip navigation

My Golf GL!

Back to the top

My new project

smudger1980 said

Nice rims mate. Let me know if you're ever thinking of selling them. Would be interested.  :thumbs:

Thanks mate, I shall certainly keep you on the radar!

Mk1 Golf GL Barn Find :-) Mk2 Golf GTi 16v (20vT)

Back to the top
So…i've not had a lot of time to do anything to my motor, even enjoy it recently cos of my dedication to my work + a wheel bearing going on the drivers side is a bit annoying. However i did manage to get a heat gun on the black trim and revitalise it somewhat…

:)

Back to the top

Windy_gti said

smudger1980 said

Nice rims mate. Let me know if you're ever thinking of selling them. Would be interested.  :thumbs:

Thanks mate, I shall certainly keep you on the radar!

:) They would look good on my Mars Red MK1 :)

Back to the top
Nice mk1 you have there. The bumper has come up a treat with heatgun - that chrome trim looks brand new.

Back to the top
Result  :thumbs:  be good with coilies

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
It's been a while since my last post on this topic. I've had a most enjoyable time touring around with the GL (the Isle of Wight, Cornwall and such like) and having fiddled with the engine to try to eek out more power (new Weber Tlp, manifold tweaking) I've decided to ditch the standard 1.5…for this 👉 image.jpeg . A 2.0litre 9a engine with twin Dellortos. I'm busy accumulating other bits to make it safe (relatively) and shall post when I make progress!

Back to the top
A couple of pictures from the last couple of years… image.jpeg image.jpeg The exhaust I've currently got on the car. Very loud. Satisfactory popping and farting. image.jpeg Camping on the Isle of Wight. The first time I fell in love with my car as a more-door. image.jpeg image.jpeg A grille that I test fitted but then decided against! image.jpeg

Back to the top
Loving this, definitely one of those colours that you'd probably never choose but just suits the car so well.  :thumbs:  What are the front indys from?

Back to the top

jusdubbin said

Loving this, definitely one of those colours that you'd probably never choose but just suits the car so well.  :thumbs:  What are the front indys from?
 Thanks very much! Definitely not a colour that I would have gone for before this car - I'm a tornado red kinda man - but it's grown on me! They're Classic Mini indicators. Not the best quality but have done the trick!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.