Skip navigation

Outer Rear Anti Roll Bar Clamps

Back to the top

Back to the top
i ordered a pair yesterday so can let you know when they turn up look pretty good to me

Back to the top
I also ordered some on Sunday. They do look pretty good! Fingers crossed they are as I had to cut my old ones off! Soaked them for over a day and they still wouldnt budge! Its tough that rust stuff :)

Back to the top
They look good, hopefully a bit easier to fit. Fitting uprated anti roll bar with stock clamps is near on impossible! Maybe these are the cure

Back to the top

mk1gtc said

They look good, hopefully a bit easier to fit. Fitting uprated anti roll bar with stock clamps is near on impossible! Maybe these are the cure

this was my problem managed to get one old clamp on but the other was a bit brittle and broke. and the pair you get with the kit are just impossible. this seems a good solution i am just hoping they fit.

Back to the top
I did make the standard ones fit eventually, chamfered the corners off the cleats, used 3 g clamps and a bench vice to get them on. Plus many rude words, and a fair amount of blood. So those ones you have found look mint!

Back to the top
That's good then, I've gone and ordered a set :thumbs:

Back to the top
One of mine rusted through just before the MOT. I replaced with the OE style ones from CQ. I thought it was going to be a completed bar steward of a job but with some g-clamps, mole grips and a hammer it was surprising straight forward. If you can find it I did a post. (I've looked but the new search bombed out on me)

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Replaced mine when I refurbed the rear beam with CQ ones. They were a complete b&^$rr to get on so if these are easier then  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I have set very much like those, real easy to use, far nice than the originals as Smudger will vouch for lol

Back to the top
Just a bit Jon, completely ridiculous to get on. Required 2 of us to fit such a small thing.  :$

Back to the top
Are they still just as tough to fit to a std anti roll bar or do the problems just come when fitting a larger diameter uprated bar?

would love to know how they fitted them at the factory I bet whoever looked at the rota and saw "anti roll bar fitting" next to their name knew they were in for a nice day at work.

Back to the top

slack515 said

Are they still just as tough to fit to a std anti roll bar or do the problems just come when fitting a larger diameter uprated bar?

would love to know how they fitted them at the factory I bet whoever looked at the rota and saw "anti roll bar fitting" next to their name knew they were in for a nice day at work.

Yeah mega tough but the ones you buy now are repros and not genuine vw anymore so may be slightly different in design.

Who knows how they were fitted at the factory. Maybe they had a special machine??

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

slack515 said

Yeah mega tough but the ones you buy now are repros and not genuine vw anymore so may be slightly different in design.

Who knows how they were fitted at the factory. Maybe they had a special machine??

Magic fairies to do all the other hard to get into and do up jobs!

Back to the top

JonP said

smudger1980 said

slack515 said

Magic fairies to do all the other hard to get into and do up jobs!

Are they ginger fairies??

Back to the top
mine came today they are great well made and got them fitted in less than 5 min.

Back to the top
Cool, mine are sat waiting for collection from the post office.

Back to the top
They look much much easier to fit than the OEM ones. Nice work mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I was a little reluctant to spend £25 on them but they were that easy to fit I am glad I did.

Back to the top
Hi, 
Sorry I know it's an older thread but I've just fitted a pair of these! They were very easy to get on but my question is are they supposed to be done right up tight like that? I have done with mine but the bush seems a bit too squashed? 
Thanks!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.