Skip navigation

Phils Mk1 Golf GTD Build

Back to the top

Slow and steady wins the race

hi,where did you get the speedo cable from mate?
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Got it off ebay, ordered it dinnertime tues and it was here this morning. 20 hours later :-)

I payed £480 for coilovers and £130 for the top mounts.

Back to the top
Decided to give the engine bay and other bits a good cleaning as it was full of dirt, mould and general sh!te. I just used a mixture of AG engine and machine cleaner, Gunk and Muck Off. A few different micro fibre cloths and a paint brush. Suprising how much differance it makes now. Untill it gets resprayed its the best its going to get. As the saying goes you cant polish sh!t haa Thats all for today.

Back to the top
Amazing what a bit of elbow grease can do! ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
MOT tomorrow. Spent all day re-wiring bits and bobs. Did about 15 miles in it tonight and other than burning off some gunk (the turbo was on fire) all went well.

I plan on going to a meet tomorrow night 50 miles away if it passes. Wish me luck haha

Back to the top
Best of luck with the MOT mate. Looks much better after a good clean

Back to the top
Cheers mate. Hopefully will be back on the road tomorrow. :-D

Back to the top
Failed its test on headlights and brake line.
All passed and taxed now.
Drove 100 miles last night to sheffield and didnt miss a beat :-)

Back to the top
Shame but at least retested and driven! Nothing too major ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Congrats on it passing mate albeit 2nd time of asking. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Cheers lads, doesn't bother me how many times it needed to go as long as it passed haha.

Hopefully tonight if i can be arsed and the wether is ok i'm going to fit my suspension and try on my Exip's. Just bought a new set of wheels to, but they need a full on refurb..

Back to the top
What wheels did you get matey??

Back to the top
Can't be letting that slip now can i ;-)

I started the suspension at the back but couldnt get the top bolts undone so did the fronts insted. I never thought to look where does the camber bolt want to be for normal? I just banged full camber on?? Rubbish pic but gives you an idea of new top mounts :-D

Back to the top

Pipsical said

Can't be letting that slip now can i ;-)

:puppyeyes:  :puppyeyes:  Oh go on  :ninja:

Back to the top
I'll give you a clue..
There round.
They have 30 hold 1.5" dishes and i want 2" and 2.5" insted before i rebuild them ;-)

Back to the top

Pipsical said

I'll give you a clue..
There round.
They have 30 hold 1.5" dishes and i want 2" and 2.5" insted before i rebuild them ;-)

:ocf_emoticons__dontknow:  :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:

Giving me a clue about wheels is like giving me an iron and telling me to iron clothes  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top
Looks like they've got some sort of satanic emblem on the caps? Hope that can be fixed!

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top

tidymike said

Looks like they've got some sort of satanic emblem on the caps? Hope that can be fixed!

Yer i'll be fitting the correct centre caps when there all done. Hopefully tonight i'll have the car lowered and on some better wheels. But it's snowing  :P

Back to the top

tidymike said

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

:ocf_emoticons__lmao:  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:  :ocf_emoticons__lmao:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.