Skip navigation

'83 Gti 16v turbo

Back to the top
Lol I live alone man and I'm young! 

Been at it today… Repaired the striped flange I had complete with new bearing 

Cut my gear shifter and my old one to weld together so I could use my ally golf ball 

Chucked a slim line fan ont top fill rad

NEW WHEELS!!!

Needs to come down a bit but my coils are seized :(

Back to the top
You need a Mrs to do it for you matey. ;)

Nice rims btw :)

Back to the top
Thanks lad! No chance if her moving in yet… Doesn't know about the series 1 either  :lol:

Back to the top

Brad. said

Thanks lad! No chance if her moving in yet… Doesn't know about the series 1 either  :lol:

:lol: and so it begins, hiding cars and parts purchases is a real skill. ;)

Back to the top
Looks great, love the rims. Great idea with the shifter stick btw! WD40 is your friend and a wire brush, get it on its hoop👍

Back to the top
Looking good dude :)

Back to the top
Cheers lads! 
Wd40 ain't budging coils either we have stronger penetrant at work and that won't :( 

Got some tidying up bits done yesterday and swapped wiper motor for a mk2 item  ;)

Also tidying yet more wiring up so it looks neat in there, will be attempting some lathe work on say to make a spacer for my trigger wheel and hopefully, a strong one at that, get it fired up! 

Back to the top
My coilovers eventually gave way in a vice if I remember correctly. They were a right mother"£$%^"  though. I feel your pain trying to loosen them Brad :(

Back to the top
Juat read this from start to finish mate, didnt even realise u started another project, looks good wat u done so far buddy :), whats that mega jolt? That summat to make the fueling system better?

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Cheers fella, its the reason I can help you out with the box and what not  :lol: same heartaches over here! 

Glad you approve though  :$

Megajolt is mappable ignition, so I can map my advance and control it more than the Kr setup :) 

Simple enough once its read and understood   O_o

Back to the top

Brad. said

Cheers fella, its the reason I can help you out with the box and what not  :lol: same heartaches over here! 

Glad you approve though  :$

Megajolt is mappable ignition, so I can map my advance and control it more than the Kr setup :) 

Simple enough once its read and understood   O_o

Ah i get it, one thing i wud do tho in my opinion is go back.to.the deeper splitter, i never usually like the deeper one but on.urs it just looked sweet as mate

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Its on my list of trials. But means I can't get on our lasses drive/into local asda for beer lol. 

Back to the top

Brad. said

Cheers lads! 
Wd40 ain't budging coils either we have stronger penetrant at work and that won't :(  

What's the stronger stuff you've tried? Is it ACF50? That's supposed to be the danglies

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
And plusgas live up to it's reputation when I used it. :)

Back to the top
It's a brand called ambersil and we use it when stripping machinery down at work and frees most things off easy. Il sort it, wanted non budget coilovers anyway  :lol:

Back to the top
Invest in some KW's mate :)

Back to the top
Gunna do it mate and hopefully raise my turrets to regain some travel on suspension. 

Made a spacer up for my crank wheel, needs spacing out due to the rubber dampener on the abf pulley can cause false signals  :$

So, exhaust on tomorrow, finish coolant system (pipe rad up) and then, fingers crossed, start up day! Fingers crossed 

Back to the top
Good luck dude  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looks good on the cookie cutters

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Looks good on the cookie cutters

Cheers fella  :thumbs:

smudger1980 said

Good luck dude  :thumbs:

Confident in my wiring :lol:  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.