Skip navigation

'83 Gti 16v turbo

Back to the top

Brad. said

Hardest part I ha was the cables, they're mega tight (I have gsf rocco cables) 

Had to kinda bodge em last time with threaded sleeves to get them to fit. But with interior out I had good acces with mole grips etc to get them right :) more than happy with my progress on it upto now as I've been in my unit 1 month and also knocked 2 spits up for others aswell as doing my car  :wub:

Did you leave the engine in when you had it on the spit?

Back to the top
No mate. Not only the added weight whilst Turing it (heavier than you expect) 

I wouldn't trust the fluids staying seperate in the engine whilst spinning it. 

Can make
You a spit if you like though  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Brad. said

No mate. Not only the added weight whilst Turing it (heavier than you expect) 

I wouldn't trust the fluids staying seperate in the engine whilst spinning it. 

Can make
You a spit if you like though  :thumbs:

I didn't think you would have! I am steeling myself (geddit) ready for making my own, but have to practice a bit of welding first. I'm thinking of using some 4x4 timber posts to make the inverted "T" and only use steel for the crossbar and arms.

I still have to remove the engine and running gear - interior, doors and windows have already gone…

Back to the top
Lot of work going on mate. Great build happening:)

Back to the top
Hope 4x4 is strong enough lol. In fact there's a pic on google of a golf on a full wooden spot somewhere  :o

Dubbuds said

Lot of work going on mate. Great build happening:)

Cheers fella  :cool:

Back to the top
Offered some wheels up other day 

And also  :wub:

Deadline met and also been sorting alot of unwanted wiring and bodges that I wasn't happy with (previous owner) 

Back to the top
Laste few days I've renewed the current engine wiring as it was full of cracks and splits, and ordered some treats, last night consisted of this  O_o

Megajolt wiring, runs an edis module from an old ford and basically gets signals from a throttle position and a crank sensor. Once you get to terms its quite simple to get the wiring sussed  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Nice work mate. Wish i had your skills for things like this.  :(

Back to the top
I seriously wouldn't class it as skills mate, everything I've done or learnt has been on this car! Got plenty of time to learn more on the series 1, and the fact I'm only 24 gives me plenty of time to learn lol

Back to the top
Not much here :( can't really picture wiring and that lol but had a small tucking session in the bay and been messing with odds and sods, amount of wiring I've put right is rediculous! 
Tuck ready for wrapping :)

And how the bay is at the min :( getting messier! 

Waiting for a spacer for the crank pulley so my trigger wheel can sit nicely then I can run her up and tweak bits, also got some wheels coming this week I got for a bargain! 

Back to the top
Guessing your not off to Elsecar tomorrow then?

Back to the top
Not In this :( 

Back to the top
Oh. Im just checking oil now ready for the trip. 

Back to the top
Coming along ok mate. Good luck getting it finished.

Safe journey for those going to Elsecar.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
So due to lack of pics and doing unpicturable things, il update with this, got some alloys delivered today and will be going on sat :) aswell as a new hub flange as I stripped mine. 

Also my rear engine polybush decided to be gay and strip so I've 'modified' that and will be all bolted up on Sunday :) should be progress in pics in Sunday  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Oh Brad that pic of the rims is as about as much use as a pork pie in a synagogue ;)

Which rims are they mate??  

Back to the top
You'll see Sunday cos I'm
Gunna have to do some
Pluming to get the fitment how I want them, although my coilovers are seized  :(

Back to the top
Ah I see it's a deliberate tease. Ok no worries mate. Good luck with the fitting.

Plusgas helps with the seizing issue. Spray a few times a day a few days before you intend to tackle the job :)

Back to the top
Tried this method after weeks of penetrant….

Nothing!  :lol:

Back to the top
:lol: I like your style.

P.S You need to hoover ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.