Skip navigation

'83 Gti 16v turbo

Back to the top
Bump!!!
So this happened today, engine out :)

3 of the trumpets fell off :(

Gunna get a little tidy up in here but on the road for April, hopefully! 

Spanking new goodies :), tank and megajolt :)

And running a g60 box when all back in, just cleaning it up for a lick of paint. 

Got a top fill
Rad cheap
As hell, some
Different alloys hopefully but April looks very close in time :(

Back to the top
This looks mint Brad!  :wub: Nice work!

Back to the top
Cheers Arun  :wub:

Whilst it was on the road last year I didn't  deem it to be anything to look at so trying to make it respectable now, and make the conversion look slightly neater  :lol:  

Back to the top
So, not progress, but my new project (long term) turned up today  :P
Its a s1 gti  :wub: with all the s1 parts there, 1.6gti still in! 

Il get better pics and a thread up on it when this is back on the road :)

Back to the top
Great read, looking forward for your other project to start as well haha :)

Wanna Hug?

Back to the top
Very nice. You're a lucky fella.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks :) glad it a good read… Got updates, only small but all help! 
Started on the box properly and have it a lock of paint, was a pain of a job! 

An started stripping engine for painting, swap alternator setup, find oil leak. 

Suspected leak (was on cambelt side for sure,

:P

Next is the fuel tank/rear beam next week at some point! 

Back to the top
Nice work. Good luck with the leak :(

Back to the top
Cheers lad, think that's the place its coming from  O_o
Been at it this weekend  :( disaster! To do fuel tank had to remove rear beam, ended in tears,

Both sheared  :P so
Gunna have to weld some new uns in place and patch the hole near sill aswell  :ninja: , in a way I'm glad its happened so I can spend some time under there and do it rather than rush it all
Back in… Positive note, fitted new solid steering rack mounts  :cool:

Also fitted an insulating may to my steering rack from lagger on here, il get a pick of that! 

This is how I got my car high after I was mad at it  :o

Back to the top
You're not the first person that's happened to. I think JonP had similar issues when he removed his rear beam. I will be hopefully doing mine next week so I really hope I don't have the same issues.  :(

Back to the top
The bolts were caked in
Underseal etc, so the under side looked good… Had to get nut extractors on the nuts though! No threads were visible at all so kinda knew they would go… :P

Mk1 golfs  :wub:

Back to the top
Love hate relationship tbh mate when things like this happen :lol:

Back to the top
So, because I'm mad at my shell, I started rebuilding my engine and reprinting my rear beam ready to swap disc setup to this beam as it has polybushes and is better condition. 
Some keen eyes will notice the difference on the rocker cover  :$

And rear beam, no compensator valve as I'm sticking a remote bias valve in to prevent my back end locking up as it used to! 

Back to the top
Brad anymore details on the remote bias valve. I have just bought 2 of these for my rear disc setup that we are building up this weekend………

Back to the top
Looking to buy one of these dude, 
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=380472580603&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=58950176880

Then run one
Line to the back which tees into each disc, I had a lot of locking up with 16v servo and only 239's up front. Il be doing mine in the next week or so once I've welded it up matey. 

Back to the top
Cheers for the info Brad. Good luck getting it all fitted up. Let me know what it's like. I have got Wilwoods up front and those 2 pressure reducing valves for the rear so I am hoping they will do the job. Can't really be arsed with adjusting it all the time.  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Rebuilt rear beam and even got the clamps for arb off without damaging them :), looks like this now with polybushes 

Stripped the whole interior to dry out the carpet too  :$ and modify my seat frames as they sit rather high on the omp subframes, il
Grab some pics of that! Started the old wiring fr megajolt too today so been a headache :/

Back to the top
Beam looks spot on mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Brad. said

Cheers lad, think that's the place its coming from  O_o
Been at it this weekend  :( disaster! To do fuel tank had to remove rear beam, ended in tears,

No need for tears.  :thumbs:

This is the way of MK1 living  :wub:

You will be bored If you wouldnt have this kind of "problems" with your MK1.

Dont worry. Go for it  :thumbs:

Das Gnoj 1,1L 1978.
FEEL FREE TO VISIT US ON www.golfmk1.com.hr

Back to the top
I'm tackling that part tomorrow :) 

I love it really, can't wait to get back in it now :) getting plenty of love this weekend, keep eyes peeled  :wub:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.