Skip navigation

From 1.6 to 2.0 8v what I need

Back to the top

From 1.6 to 2.0 8v what I need

This link expire: http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?249714

the new one??  :'(  :'(

Back to the top
yup thats the one, you just splice into the wiring from the main fuel pump for the power and earth, then splice the old fuel level sender wire to the new one. you need a 3 pin plug for it too, pre-90 gti as well as post-84 cab/rocco have one. plus all mk2 golfs have them in the engine bay near the headlights for the headlight range control. used on loads of other models too :)

you'll also need a fuel reservoir under the car in between the lift pump and the main pump. if you cant find a genuine vw one an aftermarket swirl pot will be fine but it needs 4 connections on it. you need a feed and return from the lifter, return from engine and a feed to the main pump. make sure the feed to the main pump is at the bottom and the return to the fuel tank is on the top :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
my engine code is ADY!!! Pray the lord for have to!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
A friend says that an Ady without its tacho or key don't run.

That's true?!?  :'(

Back to the top
you dont need the clocks, what you will need if its post-96 is the immobiliser box and chip/key. however this can come from any post-96 mk3, it doesnt have to be the same car. the important thing is the immob box and chip/key MUST be matched. if not the immob box is scrap basically as only VW can match a chip to an immob box (unless you have the SKC code, but you can only retrieve that with a matched key in the ignition)

Now, once you have your immob box and key, you just need the wiring loom and key reader coil from any post-96 mk3 (coil isnt matched to anything so can come from any car, just key/chip and immob box must be matched)

make sure you get the loom uncut, then all you do is run brown to earth, black to ign live and the grey wires to the vag-com port and ecu diagnostics wires. the 2 wires have different plugs on so you cant mix them up.

finally, a 1 minute procedure with vag-com is required to match the immob box to your ecu: (pick 25 - immobiliser, not 17 - instruments)
Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Immobilizer 2 ECU Swapping

Back to the top
I found this: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271111298866#ht_500wt_1129

And this: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Motorkabelbaum-VW-Golf-3-Vento-AGG-ADY-GTI-Klima-komplett-/270859230481?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3f1077dd11#ht_500wt_1129

The key reader is important? I can't use my? I can program another key with the chip of this key but the shape of my old key. Don't work?

Back to the top
This work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Mk3-GOLF-GTI-8V-ECU-SET-UP-ECU-IMMOBILISER-BOX-CHIP-KEY-READER-/281056698222?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item417048df6e

I can't find the code engine :(This ecu have my same number!!! It's for mine?!?!? I hope so, and I hope that he can send me the item. Finger crossed!

Last edit: by LaJe

Back to the top
the mk1 doesnt have an immobiliser box or chip reader, thats the problem ;)

1st link assuming all 3 are coded together has everything you need. 2nd link is the engien loom, you'll still need the loom for the immobiliser box.

3rd link again if all 3 are matched its everything you need.

If you already have an ecu though, you dont need to buy another ecu. just the immob box and chip. was the mk3 was available in your country after 1996? if so you can get the immob box and chip from ANY post96 mk3 in your local scrap yard. also polo and seat models between 1996 and around 2000 will have a similar unit you can use

Back to the top
Nobody have the key and no one reply at my emails in Italy! :(

It's a thing that it's hard to do and nobody are interesting to have all…

I hope that the 3 link reply asap and I can buy it.

Back to the top
another solution is get 2e ecu & loom as that has no immobiliser, but you would also need a lot of 2e parts such as inlet, throttle body, afm, isv, pipework, distributor etc.

if you can find someone who can bypass the immobiliser for you that would solve that part of the problem as well

Back to the top
I know some guys that can program the ECU without the immo. There are some problems to do that?

Back to the top
nope that'll be fine, just make sure they know how to do the job on your ecu :)

Back to the top
If I take off the immo, I need all the stuff that I'm looking for?

There's a guy that re-program my ecu on my golf4 tdi and he cloned my mk4 tacho years ago with immo and all…

Never a problem.

Back to the top
if you remove the immob you dont need the chip/key, immob loom or box any more :)

so you would just need the ecu and main engine loom and thats it

Back to the top
I buy all, wiring, immo, ecu, key ecc.. I find some reasonable price, and I prefer like this :)

I sell my ecu :lol:

So: my father asks me if we can use only one fuel pomp. He says that we can use a fuel pomp 5bar or something else.

I dunno what reply about this: can we use only one or there are any question to use 2 fuel pomps?

Thank u!

Back to the top
if you fit a mk1 gti fuel tank yes you can use the 1 fuel pump. if you keep the carb tank then you have to fit a lift pump and fuel reservoir before the pump. if you dont you risk killing the main pump! vw main pumps MUST have a constant supply of fuel, the reason is this fuel is used to lubricate the internals. if you corner hard without a lift pump and reservoir the pump could run dry and start to eat itself!

the parts you need are found on post-84 mk1 cabrio and scirocco with fuel injection, and also all G40 shape polos even the poverty spec 1.1 as they're all SPI.  for the reservoir you dont have to use a genuine vw one you could use aftermarket, it just needs to have 4 fittings on it.

the lowermost fitting goes to the main pump, the top 2 fittings are return from engine and return to tank, and the last one is feed from lift pump

edit: note you need the entire fuel pump and level sender assembly, just the pump on its own is no good to you!

Back to the top

Back to the top
thats the lifter pump you need, just need a main pump and a fuel reservoir to go with it :)

Back to the top
LOL I can't translate fuel reservoir… any pics? :lol:

Last edit: by LaJe

Back to the top
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gen-VW-Scirocco-Cabriolet-Expansion-Tank-Fuel-Filter-/270629163316

its not really a filter, thats just what etka calls it for some reason! its a reservoir/swirl pot. basically it keeps a reserve of fuel for the main pump. then if you corner hard and lift pump runs dry, the reservoir keeps the main pump supplied with fuel and it wont die :)

the pic on the auction shows it upside down, the sticky out bit is the return to the tank, the outlet on its own goes to the main pump. the lower outlet is the feed from the lift pump and middle outlet is the return from the engine bay

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.