cut it all out

Afetr a bit of hammering

thought i mite as well paint the whole car and fix all the rust

Ready for primer

Primer

Prepd and remasked

paint time

Now i just need to refit everything….and i can carry on with the mk1…..at last

Mk1 golf gti 8v slow resto mk2 golf gtd Mk 4 golf tdi B3 passat gtd (stripped and scrapped) Suzuki Sv650s(sold)

Back to the top
Like it . Looks good

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
One dent turns into the whole things being repainted. Good work mate. Like the colour.

Back to the top
ha ha i know a little over the top.. but there was so many faults with the paint and i could'nt get the best paint match, i thought it would be easier just to paint the whole thing… I never knew there was so much work involved in a respray.. as i have never done any bodywork before…

Mk1 golf gti 8v slow resto mk2 golf gtd Mk 4 golf tdi B3 passat gtd (stripped and scrapped) Suzuki Sv650s(sold)

Back to the top
Getting there

Back to the top
Original minis are great cars and yours is looking good mate

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
Thanks, hopefully be back on the road by sunday..

They are great little cars, i have pimped this a little its a 1275 running a 45 weber and a racing exhaust system, also adjustable suspension and 4 pot brake callipers..

goes very well!! and stops which is a bonus

Back to the top
Spot on mate. :clap:

Back to the top

Tonight's work

Back to the top
thats very bronze!

Back to the top
It is very bronze and finished apart from some badges..

Quick tune of the weber and good to go

Back to the top
I'm sure I will never finish my mk1!!!!!!!

went out to the bike trails on sunday after finishing the mini, on my last run I managed to clear a table top and face plant the face of the next one. Now Ive got a broken collar bone….GREAT

Back to the top
Ouch sounds painful mate. Luck not going your way right now with getting to work on the MK1. Rest up mate and get that collarbone healed.  :)

Back to the top
It's not that painful really just could have done without it, I wanted to get it finished asap, as I'm planning on moving to oz in April… I want to finish it, sell my mk2 keep the mk1 and cruise in style till I go

Back to the top
What's the plan for all your cars and bikes when you do move to Oz? Sell them all??

Back to the top
I'm going to sell the lot, the motorbike has gone, my brother wants the mk1, but he wants my 8v engine fitted instead of the 16v… the mk2 should sell easily as it's a gtd but running all mk3 vr stuff as that was the plan until I decided to move to oz
.. Do you need any stuff? I will be having a clear out soon

Back to the top
Anything that might be good for my MK1 AGU 20v build, let me know mate. ;)

Oh and am after a set of KW coilovers.

Back to the top
Ha I haven't got anything like that, I had a look at your build thread, it's looking pretty epic!!! I am also after some coilovers… Should be back building the mk1 engine next week, the arm feels ok..

Back to the top
Thanks mate, can't wait to get it running now. Good luck with the move to Oz. Know a few colleagues who have done it over the years who have never looked back.   :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks, I hope it all goes to plan, going on my own now so it's a little worrying.. Good luck with the build

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.