Skip navigation

Jimbo's Mk1 Golf 1.8t

Back to the top

Jimbo's Mk1 Golf 1.8t

Yo yo, came across this golf about a week ago…! and had to have it :D

apparently running at 300bhp at the flywheel (i do have a rolling road sheet). But its pretty dam nippy
Interior is stripped out, just some horrible bucket seats, and harnesses, and a roll cage! LOL
Hopefully going to put the interior it all back to standard, (sleeper style, you get me?!).
Anyway some more pics;

after a day of owning it the rear engine mount snapped (discovered by a loud clunking noise when i revved it a little), and a horrible grinding noise coming from the engine (around the pulleys/belts), see video;
http://s54.photobucket…view&current=IMG_2172.mp4
Any ideas?
cheeeeeers. Jimmy

Photobucket

Back to the top
Looks nice mate but needs a good hoover inside :lol: Agreed those buckets need getting rid of.

Is it running a KO4 turbo set-up?

Back to the top
cheers man. going to take the cage out this weekend, and possible swap the dash too, and the windscreen.

Not sure what turbo it is? The chap said it was a 'T4'?! I'll have to have a closer look at it for markings etc…

Photobucket

Back to the top
Oh Ok then it may be a Garrett T4 i think they are which means a custom job. Nice mate.

Check out my build thread, link in my sig.

Cheers

Smudger

Back to the top
spotted this myself :) look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Back to the top
wheeyyy, my my old mk1 :). its running on a  universal T3/T4. the power output is magnificent, can get it up to 450bhp no probs on that turbo

Back to the top

ampy211 said

wheeyyy, my my old mk1 :). its running on a  universal T3/T4. the power output is magnificent, can get it up to 450bhp no probs on that turbo

8O  8O  8O  How is it possible to get that amount of power down on a FWD Golf??

Back to the top
Did you build the engine ampy211??

You have to take your time on the pedal! 3rd/4th gears the best ;)

Photobucket

Back to the top
nope, a pal of mine fully rebuilt the engine , i then bought it of him not longer after he finished the conversion, then i kept it for a year then sold it to you :). yh she is a beast, top end is great. ive out done e46 CSL M3's, rs4's and a 60 plate Porsche cayenne turbo  in this!…

Back to the top
haha sorry i didn't realise!!

Photobucket

Back to the top

ampy211 said

she is a beast, top end is great. ive out done e46 CSL M3's, rs4's and a 60 plate Porsche cayenne turbo  in this!…

Jesus…….I bet it shreds tyres :lol:  Must be a picture to see their face as you pass them  8)  8)

Back to the top
the only bad thing is i'm living down in cornwall - no nice motor ways around here :(

Photobucket

Back to the top
Didn't know Derby was in Cornwall mate :wink:

Back to the top
ha I used to live in Derby (well my parents do), but i'm now based in Cornwall (well Helston, with the Navy…) ;)

Photobucket

Back to the top
Yeah it is a bit cack down there roads wise in the South West.

Back to the top
took the golf to a garage today, to diagnose the horrible sound.
Turns out it was the PAS pump! running dry (no oil), so the kind chaps went and fetched a smaller belt, and avoided the PAS pump…

Photobucket

Back to the top
Good news mate. Glad it wasn't something more serious.

Back to the top
had a good 10 hour stint on the golf today.
Removed the roll cage, seats, dash, and windscreen;

dash removed, but god knows why, some one's previously cut these brackets off;

Only bit of rust around the window;

also found where the ecu was hiding!;

also tested some seat cupra seats that my mate said he was going to throw away!;

very cushty!! i'll sort them out when i go back home at xmas, just needs a bit of welding and mk1 subframes welding on….

arty farty shot;

windscreen in;

2nd dash in;

Photobucket

Back to the top

jimbo198966 said

ha I used to live in Derby (well my parents do), but i'm now based in Cornwall (well Helston, with the Navy…) ;)

i supose you and that flying machine could make the long road from helston past the base to the roundabout by curchcove your B**ch haha. not many roads without bend that a rally car wouldnt struggle to do.

i holiday close their every year and their is a guy with a white scooby in the base that shifts seen him caining that road about 2 im the morning. surly enough me in my bad boy standrd 1.2 punto blew him hahah

good luck with the car maybe ill see you around when im next down

david

Back to the top
Nice progress mate. Like the arty farty shot. :D
There are too many online users to list.