Skip navigation

What rare parts/cars are you hoarding???

Back to the top

What rare parts/cars are you hoarding???

I do actually quite like them windschott things. How effective are they compared to a full windblokker.

As for the Votex roof rack, sky's the limit. It's what your prepared to pay.

Up to $2,000 in the US I have seen these quoted at.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
I have a set of NOS happich pop outs never been used, ready to go on a car. Have been hoarding them for a while, but my favourite part is my CAE ultra shifter tower. I know you can still get them, but not many people have, and it is an awesome bit of kit!

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top

chortle said

As for the Votex roof rack, sky's the limit. It's what your prepared to pay.

Up to $2,000 in the US I have seen these quoted at.

Hmmmmm! Just dipped out on a NOS one for sale in Germany (Not eBay)… €350

Obviously someone else spotted it too, just a bit quicker on the draw!

Back to the top
Votex / Foha centre console

Back to the top
thanks for the links

i would also be interested to know what people's thoughts are of the windschoots vs a full wind blocker

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

thanks for the links

i would also be interested to know what people's thoughts are of the windschoots vs a full wind blocker

Cheers

Rich

I've had both, I much prefer the kamei ones. Much more practical and actually do the job of keeping the wind off ya, whilst being practical and still getting 4 people in the car without removing them.The full aftermarket windblocker takes up too much room in the car.

Back to the top
Yep I seen the votex one, however the seller has used my photographs in his advert?

It's not the same seller who I bought mine off either.
So they have probably uploaded my pics.

Back to the top
These pics were e mailed to me by the origional seller and I used them in a thread on here.

So not sure what to make of that.

Back to the top
The date ony pics is April last year.

Back to the top
At 350.00 euros it won't have been round long either.
Mine is brand new never fitted, totally complete. The only issue was the box had deteriorated. So the bit with the pic of the rack was left. Did you get any details of the seller and the advert in English?

Back to the top
Can't have been the same advert, the images weren't any of those above. The ad's gone now, it was on a local (German) classified for sale site but from recollection it was new / boxed / complete. Like you say, it was probably snapped up quickly no matter what the price… I'm getting old and slow!

Back to the top
Was quick enough to get this though, so maybe being a bit hard on myself?

It's a Bellino 7 litre fuel can, fits perfectly into the centre of a 14" spare wheel. There were 9 litre capacities suitable for a 15" wheel and both types were more commonly embossed with either the Mercedes-Benz or BMW roundel, this one's plain.

Spotted a packaged one on eBay.de years ago but the seller wouldn't post, it's taken me a long time to track another down.

A piccy of the one I missed out on (there was an extension bolt that screws into the butterfly bolt to allow fitting into different models)…

Back to the top
The one I seen was on like a local E bay site.
It had my pics and it was 350.00 euros.
Will try and see if I can find it.
They do pop up from time to time. The one in the USA was offered 2 grand usd.
I got mine from Germany.

Back to the top
Likely advertised on different sites at the same time, just as people on eBay do here. I'd only have been interested in it to sell on so I'm not that gutted… If I'd a Cabrio though, it'd have been a different matter!

Hope this thread takes off… There's a similar one on a New Zealand VAG site for rare / unusual MKII items. It's amazing what's out there that you don't realise exists and it's half the battle knowing what you're looking for.

Back to the top

Red-or-Dead said

Choc said

I have an original log book with service stamps for my '65 split and a shopping list found under the seat from June '65 written in German.

Other than that, not much really unless you class a '92 Clipper, 3 owners, 63k on the clock rare?

I was going to make a comment about 1 careful owner, very rarely seen or used, never really comes out in daylight and only the occasional use in the dark which makes it very rare. But I won't talk about the Mrs' foo in that way!  :redfaced:

What was on the shopping list mate?

Dunno, can't read German.

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top

Back to the top
i got a set of clear opening qauter lights in the loft :)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

i got a set of clear opening qauter lights in the loft :)

You sod :lol: I've been after a set of these with no joy……..I'm guessing you're keeping till the end of time.  :redfaced:

Back to the top

chortle said

Definitely one of your photo's in that ad but it's not the same site. Can't be a coincidence that two simultaneously appear for sale, the same asking price and both disappear as quickly… all starting to appear a bit hooky!

Like they say if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Back to the top
Had this a while now… basically a GTIE branded Italvolanti Formel

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.