Skip navigation

Battery warning light on permanently

Back to the top

Battery warning light on permanently

Really annoying job! Its something that either works first time or turn out a nightmare. Guess what one happened to me?!

Somebody out there must have managed to do it before?

Back to the top
There is webbing In the way, I spent hours with wire, fish taped etc.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
The inner cable from a speedo cable is good for chasing wires, had one in my tool box since I was an apprentice many years ago...

Back to the top
Going go borrow a fish tape from a pal 2moro and see how it goes. That'll be job number 2 on my list after I try to fix the flippin battery light!

Any other suggestions about the battery light problem would be very welcome

Back to the top
Update: This afternoon I tried and tried but wasn't getting anywhere with the fish tape and was at the point of giving up when my mate arrived and the lucky git got it through first time! Job done.

Back to the top
Result, just the bat light now.
Does anyone have a spare alternator you could try?
That would rule it out for sure.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Don't know anyone with an alternator that would do.  Was even thinking of buying one from a breakers yard near me for £38 to see if that would do the trick but would be good to know it would do the trick before I bought it.

Other option is to get a reconditioned one.

Chortle, I'll take a badge kit with the Karmann's, like you pm'd me about, please. If you pm I'll sort you out with some money.

Cheers,
Euan

Back to the top
i meant disconnect the blue wire from the alternator then switch on the ignition. if the light isnt on, the wire is fine. if it is still on, its shorted out somewhere :)

if it doesnt go on then its the alternator, or you have put it in the wrong place

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.