Skip navigation

starting a new local club 80's hot hatches north/west yorks

Back to the top

starting a new local club 80's hot hatches north/west yorks

Right mi lado. Just got off the phone to him. He does have a speedo and rev counter. He is going to try and find it as he is unsure if needle is working or not but is going to find and check. He said he's got boxes and boxes including a head, injectors, filler neck, chrome door strips, basically a full golf in bits boot lid, doors, wings, etc etc

The only thing is its off a cabby! 

I'm sure a lot of the bits are interchangeable though but abvioisly doors etc not. 

He's offered us the job lot for 100 pounds! Think its a pretty good deal but I don't need that much though. Fancy going halves and splitting the loot? If not he's gonna get back to me when he finds the speedo. 

Back to the top
Hi Kevin, I daren't buy any more spares as I have quite a few bits to get rid of myself  :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Thanks for the offer but will have to pass. Which bits do you need? I have a rear hatch support thingy and I may have a door handle too :)

Back to the top
That's all I need to be honest. How much do you want for the piston thingy. Yeah I don't think I want anything else as my lass will kill me two. He said it might be next week before he digs out the clocks for you. If anyone else wants anything his number is here 07786 030484 he's called alex

Back to the top
I am not sure how good it is as I got it with my spares but you are welcome to try before you buy :) Thanks for Alex's number too

Back to the top
Hey all, 

Is every body still up for meeting up, when the weather picks up I think though?

Cheers Tomo

Back to the top
I`d be up for doing a bit when the weather improves if I still have mine

Back to the top

cabfan said

I`d be up for doing a bit when the weather improves if I still have mine

ill be up for this when the time comes, are you thinking of selling up?

Back to the top
Il be up for that! I should have my MK1 Golf cabby on the road by the end of January (Fingers crossed!) I'm from Bradford. How about a stop at the Cow and Calf pub in Ilkley before shooting off to Skipton? :thumbs:

Back to the top
Just realised this is a post from 2012! So is this meet up and running?

Back to the top
Yeah the original person sold his mk1 so didn't have any interest, but hopefully we can all still meet up! :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.