Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf driver - FOR SALE - see classifieds

Back to the top

Winter project - Mk1 Driver

Driver is looking great David. Looking forward to seeing her at a meet soon.

Does she have a fresh ticket now?

Cheers

Gary

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
Hi Folks,

Just back from garage with 12 months MOT, passed second time, due to blowing exhaust and number plate lights not working.  :rthumb:

Well chuffed I am, first time I've stripped and re-built a car on my own, not bad for a novice.

Post office tomorrow for road tax and then phone bodyshop to arrange final touch ups and machine polish.  :rthumb:

Thereafter I'll fit my re-conditioned arches, new front spoiler and side decals.  :cool3:

I've attached a photo of MOT

As usual any comments would be very welcome.

Cheers

David

:bigthumbs:

1991 Golf GTi Rivage - Show Car 1983 Golf driver - Restoration Project

Back to the top

stretch said

Driver is looking great David. Looking forward to seeing her at a meet soon.

Does she have a fresh ticket now?

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gary,

Yes, after a nerve racking day, she's passed at second attempt.

Road tax tomorrow and back to bodyshop to machine polish

Cheers

David

:thumbs:

Back to the top
Your mk1 looks stunning David.  You must be well pleased with the results, and new mot too. 

Back to the top

Back to the top
You've done a cracking job, glad she's passed, get out and enjoy her!! :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:

Back to the top
It's looking brilliant mate.. Are you going to bigger this weekend? I have only 2 pics of mine.. They are somewhere! It was 1996 it was featured but was standard then.. You don't need any inspiration:)

Back to the top
One tiny advisory pretty amazing for an old girl ;)

Back to the top
Good work mate and congrats on the MOT.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

It's looking brilliant mate.. Are you going to bigger this weekend? I have only 2 pics of mine.. They are somewhere! It was 1996 it was featured but was standard then.. You don't need any inspiration:)

Yes mate, a few of us are going to convoy to Biggar on Saturday. I'll be in my Rivage, as driver not quite ready for shows yet.

Hope to see you there  :thumbs:

Back to the top

dal said

Dubbuds said

Yes mate, a few of us are going to convoy to Biggar on Saturday. I'll be in my Rivage, as driver not quite ready for shows yet.

Hope to see you there  :thumbs:

Nice one , yeah il keep my eyes open! Il be there in the mk2 project :thumbs: 

Back to the top
Hi Folks,

A wee update, as its been a while, and although the build is nearing completion, there are still a few items I need to buy to finish it off.

The car is roadworthy and being used, having passed its MOT in May, so here goes with some photos.

Rare Fischer cassette box

Grey Leather/blue stitching handbrake grip

Grey leather/blue stitching handbrake boot

Grey leather/blue stitching gearlever surround

Dashboard grilles

Door finger plates

'The hobbit' working on seatbelts as I've been named by my family

Current interior (not sure if final choice)

As it stands at present

Campaign leather steering wheel

Convertible door speaker pods

New front door cards

period Alpine cassette receiver and CD changer to mount in glove box

Still got a few illusive parts to find, some work to the underbonnet area and also repairs to front seats. Other than that, the black wheel arches to fit externally, and that should just about see it finished.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

David

Back to the top
Nice little touches David. Got a Ficsher cassette holder myself and it looks cool IMO.

Door cards look awesome. Good luck getting them fitted mate :)

Back to the top
Looks awesome David !!

The seats look spot on as do all the wee touched, the leather bits are great and Topgaiters do them very well, especially when they send you 2 sets by mistake :-)

Hope the door rubber speaker wire thingies are one thing of the completion list :-)

Need to see it soon

Chris

Back to the top
If you need chrome inserts for the door handles you can have my ones I just took off the black car ??

I got new black ones from eBay for £6 I think if u need black ones !!

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

If you need chrome inserts for the door handles you can have my ones I just took off the black car ??

I got new black ones from eBay for £6 I think if u need black ones !!

I've got a set of chrome ones thanks, and the black  ones  I've used have been sprayed Regatta Blue to tie back to the body colour.

Thanks for the kind offer though bud.

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Looks awesome David !!

The seats look spot on as do all the wee touched, the leather bits are great and Topgaiters do them very well, especially when they send you 2 sets by mistake :-)

Hope the door rubber speaker wire thingies are one thing of the completion list :-)

Need to see it soon

Chris
Thanks, and yes the 'door rubber speaker wire thingies' are at the top of the list cos I can't finish front door builds without them.

Also need urgently, a Gti drivers side seat base, as the one I bought is 'gubbed' to use that well known technical phrase.  :(Cheers bud

Last edit: by dal

Back to the top
Some more photos of driver, starting with my favourite garage :).

My new wheels arrived a couple of days ago, just need tyres, and I've been waxing like fury to add protection to new wing areas before I fit the black arches.

Also managed to fit my leather campaign wheel after I refurbished it, but changed the central pad area, as its not a GTi.

Most of yesterday was spent with Gunk spray can and toothbrush in hand, scrubbing the underbonnet and engine areas.

Think I should have worn gloves, because my fingers and nails are a bit grubby with engrained oil etc .

I've also taken a couple of shots of recent purchases, bodywork details and work in progress.

Let me know what you think.

My favourite garage :

New wheels :

Refurbished Campaign wheel :

Satin anodised battery cover :

Chrome Coil cover and bracket :

Rocker cover gasket and chrome bolts :

Passengers handle with finger plate and colour coded insert :

Passenger door mirror colour coded :

Damaged sports seat base for cannabalisation of foam supports :

Refurbished driver base, to receive sports seat support bars

Rear driver badge :

Rear driver template (initial stage before spraying) :

New stickers for hatch, door and underbonnet areas :

Full set of VAG mudflaps prior to refurbishing :

Front of car as she stands today :

I've removed radiator, rocker cover and belt cover to allow for refurbishment and powder coating, so not roadworthy at moment.

Pushed out of garage whenever glorious Scottish weather permits outside working !! :(.

Cheers

David

Back to the top

Back to the top
Your car looks amazing - top work. Love that garage shot.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.