Back to the top

terence, my black mk1 1.8 8v cab 9/12/12 UPDATE

Back to the top
Nice mirrors mate. :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nice mirrors mate. :)

Thanx, lookin forward to havin some good weather so I can give car a good clean
And put them on, and wait for my rear lights to turn up :)

Back to the top
Right quick update 

I'm skint and really want a chrome grill, but didnt wanna spend £90 on 4 bits of chrome so i had a pikey idea…

Here's how it went :)

Ill prob get slated for this but if I'm honest it don't look to bad lol! 

So still gonna keep my eye out for a cheap ish grill but for mean time this will do :)

Hope u lik :)

Back to the top
I think the grill looks pretty good to be honest. Good effort and great idea !

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top

P0jy said

I think the grill looks pretty good to be honest. Good effort and great idea !

Cheers, was a last min idea that I kinda think works! 

I didnt get slated for it at all on my other forum either lol! 

Back to the top
Right new rear lights came 2day…

Here's a few pics :)

And gave it a quick wash :)

Hope you all like :) 

Back to the top
Lovely and shiny  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I really like this mate!! Loks very smart. Are they Porsche Cookie Cutters you got on there?
Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
looks good bud, do you know the original et of your cookie cutters as im looking at getting some tele dials for my cab

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Lovely and shiny  :thumbs:

Cheers dude :) 

Gordonthegolfer said

I really like this mate!! Loks very smart. Are they Porsche Cookie Cutters you got on there?
Chris

Yes they are dude :) 
There getting powdercoat we chrome after my abf goes in :) 

dik-van-dub said

looks good bud, do you know the original et of your cookie cutters as im looking at getting some tele dials for my cab

I THINK it's somma lik 22-23 but don't quote me, and I dono if there the same as teledails, 

Thanx for all the comments :) plenty more to do before show season got list as long as my arm :) 

Back to the top
cheers for getting back to me, yeah teledials are et 23, at least i know i can get them to fit now

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top

dik-van-dub said

cheers for getting back to me, yeah teledials are et 23, at least i know i can get them to fit now

No worries :)

Ahh cool, I think I got 25mm addaptors all round, didnt worrie about working out et or anything just slapped them on, bashed the wheels on and BANG I got all round poke lol 
I love how it sits :) 

Back to the top
It sits really nice on them! Its one of them cases i think where they wouldnt look right on another car but they look well suited on yours, well done mister :ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top

Gordonthegolfer said

It sits really nice on them! Its one of them cases i think where they wouldnt look right on another car but they look well suited on yours, well done mister :ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Yer I got lucky, I really wanted a wheel I haven't seen on a mk1 can before (I've seen them on tin tops) and got them for a bloody good price… £53 lol 
And yer got rather lucky with the offset but lik u say and alot of my mates… They didnt think they would work but they work almost perfectly :) 

I wouldn't change the wheels for a long time! Everything else is far to common :) 
Unless u buy *Rare expencive* wheels!

But this is my daily, use it to and from work all over Suffolk every day :) 

Back to the top
Right, went to c mate Saturday up his unit to c my abf engine and chat about ribbish and came home with this

So hopefully gonna give it a clean up/spray, or get a quote to powdercoatedit :)

Back to the top
Give it a good rub down mate and clean it up and spray it. I did with my 20v stuff and was very surprised how good it came up.

Unless of course you have got mega ££££.  :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Give it a good rub down mate and clean it up and spray it. I did with my 20v stuff and was very surprised how good it came up.

Unless of course you have got mega ££££.  :)

Hahaha hell no! I'm skint hence it ain't in yet lol

Back to the top

Back to the top
New number plate surround :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.