Skip navigation

unreasonable ebayer? or is he right?

Back to the top

unreasonable ebayer? or is he right?

Sold a item on ebay last friday which i posted out monday, so i get a message monday asking where his item is? at that point i had told him it was sent and would be with him shortly (i had posted it 1st thing monday so was factually correct) hes happy with the answer, then i get a message wednesday asking where it is, i replied that it has been posted and if he wanted a scan of the reciept that has his postcode printed on as proof to let me know, he was fine and said he will give it till friday before contacting again.

Anyway got a message yesterday (thursday) again saying that hes been more than patient and wants a full refund today? now bearing in mind its been 7 days today since he brought it and its only the 5th day since it was posted (standard parcels) i feel hes being very unfair.

Im not refunding him untill the 14th day which is when its classed as lost by RM.

So is it just me or is this guy being a total dikc

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
It is just him.

I must buy 2 or 3 items of ebay every week and I expect them to come within a week.

Sometimes things arrive the next day which amaze me but 1 week is my thinking.

I just sold a few things and the bidding finished on the Saturday, I like you posted them on Monday and they would have received their goods 2nd class prob on the Thursday or Friday and that is the description that is in the postage section - 5 working days.

He is just a ckdi

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
He is being a door knob

We bought an item ( not car related ) and waited a week still no joy, then contacted the seller, she said she will dispatch another item and a further 5 days later still not received either, then I gave her 3 days for a refund as it had been over 14 days since original purchase. We even checked at the post office to see if it was being held.

Less than one week is unreasonable. He will probably say he has never received the item and yet it he probably fitted it to his car on Wednesday.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
I have the same feeling as you ant, hes got it and now wants his money back so its free!!!

I brought some seatbelt clasps on ebay from astraman on here and they arrived yesterday. i brought them on the 29th of september! i would of chased him but i forgot i actually brought them lol

Back to the top
ive had this before, i now send things to be signed for or with proof of posting, let him take it up with ebay, you got a receipt for posting, he may have even got the item ands wants it for free. He being a pleb

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
it was 1.8kg so would of cost me a arm and a leg to send recorded, hence posting standard parcels, i almost used a 5 day courier as it would of cost the same but thought it stood a better chance of getting there faster.

Back to the top
he`s just being a c ck ,but beware…..i`ve had someone complain that the item i sent (recorded) was damaged when he opened it,,6 hrs after he signed for it in good condition!! turned out that it`d been dropped during fitting and ebay refunded his money to him..BEFORE I GOT MY ITEM BACK..  8O
but you are right,royal mail won`t class it as lost until after 14 days.

Back to the top
It's worth noting in the listing that if the the auction ends on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, that the item will be posted on the next business day, that way your covered for bank holidays as well.

I worked in the motor trade for years. In general, people take the **** all the time. Buying things, then bringing the old one back, saying it's broken etc. I even had a customer with a ten year old Volvo (I ran 2 Volvo garages at the time) with 250,000 miles on it, she blew the gearbox up on holiday in France, and wanted the car towed back & fixed for free! Yeah right!

Th best customers I had was when I ran a Lotus garage, they knew they were going to go wrong, and had deep pockets. They NEVER got upset!

Maybe a good idea to take pictures of the item before being sent, then you have proof of items condition before hand.

Dont let 'em get to you.

If you want the PSD Boot Sticker file, it's here: Boot Sticker

Back to the top
let him take it up with ebay mate you have proof of posting so he will struggle

how much were the items?

at least a 5day courier you would have had tracking no for him to look at

he's just trying to get his money back, i got this loads with me toolshack, dicks trying to get more stuff for free

often with ebay seller will bend over backwards not to get negative feed back so the buyers often try it on

you should alway note on you ebay the dispatch time and delivery times, that way they have no come back

Banner

Back to the top
Pics are in the listings showing condition, also my postage time states 3 days, this allows weekends etc guys just being a tool

Back to the top

funk-star said

Pics are in the listings showing condition, also my postage time states 3 days, this allows weekends etc guys just being a tool

That's not on, why not report him to eBay for being unreasonable of what ever wording they use?
You've got all the proof on your side. Copy of posting, the communication between you both.
Copies of the messages you can copy & paste them in the text field when you make the complaint.
(that's what I did once and the Guy shut up pretty quick).

You know he's going to go to eBay with this, so why not get in the first punch!

He's a knobhead, so let eat shit and die (only used as a figure of speech of course).

Good luck Mate.

Mike.   :D

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Just had a email from him to say its arrived. Also got good feedback tho he must of marked my stars down as there not on 4.9 like they were yesterday.

Back to the top
Unfortunately ebay has its fair share of idiots/crooks.

Back to the top
least its sorted mate

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

Unfortunately ebay has its fair share of idiots/crooks.

Thats why i like to buy off you instead  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
i will never sell anything again on ebay.i had a 24v bosch drill with near new batteries.i had them tested before sale and quess what .buyer complained one of the batteries was dead when it arrived.just to save my 100per cent feedback i gave him a part refund even though i was totally sure it was fine :x

Back to the top

a couple of years ago i sold an ipod on ebay for spares or repair and stated it wouldnt turn on…then i got a message from the buyer saying it dont work and wanted a refund
some people really try their luck…..its a shame you cant message back saying" dont take me for a c**t mate" like you would face to face

there is always one

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )

Back to the top
I have recently been working with a guy from East London who told me his wife is a prolific ebay scammer and buys shed loads of stuff from there, she always studies the postage details and only buys from sellers with high positive feedback and that send their items 'Standard postage' as she knows she doesn't have to sign for em so she then contacts the seller to say she hasn't received the item after a week and normally gets a full refund, meanwhile their item is normally in her hand and back on ebay under her sisters name..!
She very rarely involves ebay as they would soon notice what she was up to by the amount of complaints she makes so she contacts them direct.
Its exactly as someone has already said, most ebayers will just give a full refund to protect their feedback, I have done it myself many times.
She mainly targets iPhones and electronic fashion accessories.

Be warned!

Back to the top
Hi im a newbe just haveing a nose at the posts. Ive had this issue before myself sounds
like one of eBay's many A hole's. I use parcelmonkey to send most of my items cheaper than (RM) tracked and the buyer has to sign for it.

Back to the top
Parcel monkey are ok but they have put the price up slowly over the past year. Used to be £7.02 now near enough £9

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.