Skip navigation

WTB Exceptional White MK1 Cabriolet Prefer White Interior

Back to the top

WTB Exceptional White MK1 Cabriolet Prefer White Interior

I'm looking for an exceptional MK1 Tripple White Cabriolet. Will pay top money for the right car. Preferably low mileage etc with history. If you hear of one please let me know.

Thanks,
Dom

mastersdom@hotmail.com

Back to the top
Heres a link to a 1984 all white edition gti cabby. Was watching it myself as i have an all white edition but this one has gone unsold. it's not exceptional condition by any means but does have full vw service history and would make a nice project.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120993150828?nma=true&si=eoAw0eMvqnhxTvDW9Ujtm5hj9eI%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

1983 Cabby Gti All White Edition

Back to the top
Thanks for the link. I should have said it must be the big bumpered variety with the white Lasky cloth interior.
Definitely no projects. Want a real minty low miler.

Back to the top
Did they do a triple white with big bumpers?> i thought it was only the small bumper version they did the triple white in

good luck with your search and keep and good eye on the for sale section, thanks Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Rich. Yep, I was lucky enough to have a 2 year old one as a teen. Snowflake alloys, Lasky white cloth and white hood.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Yes, that's the one! I bet those white interiors get shabby quickly but just love them.

Back to the top
Wernt the later ones called Quartett? pretty sure the all white special editions were only in small bumper.

Back to the top
Oh not sure, it's the later one that I want. Everything is white (wheels are white and silver).

Back to the top
Yeah pretty sure its a quartett. They did come in a few other colours aswell but if you chose white interior it came with, white hood, hood cover, body work and white wheels.

http://www.cabby-info.com/quartett.htm

Back to the top
Think I've found one. 46K miles. Looks mint. Low mileage but only history is all the MOTs. No service books etc at all. Would really appreciate your thoughts. If it still has all the MOTs is it probably legit? It is exactly what I want but £6000 and he wont budge on price.

Back to the top
History would concern me a bit at that price. Also not sure if the plate comes with the car but it's not currently showing up as a golf. I saw it's got seat covers on that seem pretty permanant, not sure if this due to damaged seats. Other than that it looks really nice. I think haveing a good look at it would give you an idea if its a genuine car or not

Back to the top
He took the plate off. Says it has been in a "collection" of his for 10 years or so. The only other one I found was a 77K one which I reckon has had a respray but looks mint with FSH. It is half the price. Blue interior but I could change that. Would it be near impossible to find a white interior for it?

He reckons the seats are as new and is going to send pics but yep, no history is odd.

Back to the top
If it looks great would you trust the miles given the MOTs Daniel?

Back to the top
Not sure tbh . See if he will give you all the details from the last mot including the test station number. With that you can at least checkonline the last few years to see if what he says is correct. Also ask what's the current reg. If he's reluctant to had over such info then walk away

Back to the top
I quite like this one too but wrong wheels and overpriced?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130770218108

I'm getting a bit OCD about finding the right Golf :)

Back to the top
LOL, well if you've got sensible money its worth getting a good example but you don't want to be ripped off. Wheels would be easy to replace, seen the original ones come up quite often and a full refurb would be £200 ish mark.

Back to the top
You are pritty specific at what you are looking for, if you are looking for the triple white look would you not consider buying a mint white clipper or GTI cabby then putting white roof on it and getting interior retrimed?

If it the specific model you want then my advise would just be hold out, a mint or fairly mint triple white will come up, and if you have the money waiting you should be able to snap it up :-)

6k for a cabby with no history seems steep imo

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

You are pritty specific at what you are looking for, if you are looking for the triple white look would you not consider buying a mint white clipper or GTI cabby then putting white roof on it and getting interior retrimed?

If it the specific model you want then my advise would just be hold out, a mint or fairly mint triple white will come up, and if you have the money waiting you should be able to snap it up :-)

6k for a cabby with no history seems steep imo

I've decided to buy a "temporary" one until the right one comes along. Yep I reckon too. I'm going to leave that 6K one. It's a lot and why would somebody keep it for 10 years and MOT it but never service it…

Great idea about kitting out a none white one but I want that particular interior.

Back to the top
you could buy a late clipper simmilar to the one i had link below, i think the late interior is quite nice, do the hood white and then keep and eye out for a white interior like you want and buy it and fit it when it comes  up

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.