Skip navigation

Crunch Time, What colour!! Need help!! More colours added

Back to the top

Crunch Time, What colour!! Need help!! More colours added

It's crunch time at the bodyshop and really need some help to decide what colour to paint my Golf.

It needs to be a non metalic. I want to find a gun metal grey colour to see but haven't really come across any on golfs.

Please take a look at the following Golfs and let me know which colour you prefer (as I cant decide) ALSO if you have any suggestions then PLEASE PLEASE post pics and colour names/codes, digg out those old Golf+ and PVW Mags and let me know!!.

I need demonvw pictures to come back online lol!

Following colours that I DO NOT want: Black, Red, White (all boring) or blue (it's already blue)

1. Porche classic sport grey

2. Porche classic sport grey

3. Porche classic sport grey

4. Audi TT Nimbus grey

5. Lofoten Green

6. Lofoten Green (same as funks bogey)

7. Yellow - Actual colour unkown

8. Yellow - Actual colour unkown - maybe a bit bright - seems silly to go from a Bight blue to another really bright colour!!

9. Mega bright yellow - Actual colour unkown - maybe a bit bright - seems silly to go from a Bight blue to another really bright colour!!

10. Mega bright yellow - Actual colour unkown

11. Orange -  Marino yellow

12. orange -  Marino yellow

13. Cream - Mexico Beige

14. Cream - Mexico Beige

15 - I NEED MORE PICTURES AND HELP

P.S this is the current colour:

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Have you thought about going for any older colours that VW used in earlier air cool days?

TheSamba.com :: Type 2 Bus paint and upholstery codes

Still keeps it VW but gives it your own stamp rather than following one you have already seen.

Just a thought.  :D

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Sweet idea! Give me a real good idea of what colours are available too.

Marino yellow Looks is 12 :hand:

I also like the ivory

MY Build Thread

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Hey! Red isn't boring!

That Orange looks good though

:redfaced: lol oops.. Ok I take it back, but I was after something a little different :D

I do like the orange too
Added another collour too - Just trying too update the poll

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
hok color do some banging shades of orange mate,take a look at some of their colour chips! Just to throw you a curveball have you seen their candy rootbeer oooooooh! Now thats going to get you thinking lol :banghead:

Back to the top
come to think of it hok do lots of nice colours check them out for sure buddy,porsche also did a nice orange featured on the 996 gt3 thats worth a look.mopar also did a banging dark green that looks black in normal light but highlights in green in the sun,sound terrible but give that a look.oops who let the paint monster out of its cage!

Back to the top
just re read your post and noticed the non metalic requirement :redfaced: soz dude but some metalics can be quite subtle these days.

Back to the top
Which colour do you like???

Back to the top
What about a candy paint?

Back to the top
What's wrong with the current blue colour?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
i love them all apart from the yellows,
What about vw denim blue (non metallic) ??
at the end of the day though its your car

Mk1 golf GTI 1.8 - bargain buy
Suzuki Samurai - 4WD 1.7 TD Conversion - Off roader

Back to the top
Cheers utterly-dubberly, I'll check them out, it's not that I don't like metallics (well not all of them anyway), but I'm getting the painting done in trade for a website and they said they really would prefer to do a flat colour.

Bugnorm, I like them all but more so the green and the orange but think its a may be just a bit much, also love the cream one. I think ideally want to fin a colour like number 4 really :)

Pearcestu, would like a candy pair, but again not really in the "budget" as would cost extra on top if my current deal.

James_w, I don't think I've found anyone who actually likes it lol, if I'm getting the while thing reprinted due to bodywork repairs I thought I may as well get it done in a better colour, a but more golf-like.

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
Go for the cream colour mate it's sick!!!

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
What colour is the interior going to be?

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top
ye the cream is niiice! orange or cream for me,if your on a budget forget hok the paint is mega bucks but worth every penny! check out the candy rootbeer anyway just for the hell of it

Back to the top
14 looks wicked

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Looks like 14 is getting some love, which is nice as I just had a good chat with my mate who's also a but of a dubber and we both pretty much settled on the cream.. It's different but not to in your face different.

Just need to find out what the colour actually is now lol..

Just checked out house of colour, some nice paint there :) not sure all of it would really suit a mk1 golf though, maybe If I had a hot rod or something.

Think my problem is I like most of them (maybe not the yellow so much) and its a hard decision and one I'd rather not balls up lol

The seat are currently black with red centres but only because I picked them up for £200. So they will be done to fit in with the rest of the car.

Cheeres for all the feedback guys!

MY Build Thread

Back to the top
Mmmmmm cream paint with nice dark tan leather seats.  (I've gone moist!)  :redfaced:

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top
i am yet to see a mk1 in that peachy orange colour seen on a few early mk4 polo's

that peachy orange with black plastic bumpers/arches and some nice wheels would be a winner i think,  not a metallic colour too.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.