Skip navigation

wheeler dealers campaign golf proof

Back to the top

wheeler dealers campaign golf proof

well!.mines a campaign special as ive got upgrades that are vw approved  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
It is really interesting to see the numbers of GTis left in the UK according to http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_gti#!manufacture

Shows that the campaign is the most common Mk1 hatchback remaining by quite a large margin.

Year of manufacture
1983 (mostly campaigns) = 1,817
1982 = 516
1981 = 237
1980 = 49
1979 = 43
1978 = 2
1977 = 0
1976 = 1

Banner

Back to the top

stretch said

Should the website team be thinking about removing the Campaign links from the front page of this forum then?  :dontknow:

stretch said

I just don't want to see visitors to this site being confused by the links.

stretch said

Was just weighing up whether to have my car removed from the Campaign links used on this sites front page.

Why don't you write a more informative, less confusing, better-researched article to update the existing ones, submit it, and see if it gets published?

Back to the top
Going back to the original subject, the white Golf on wheeler dealers on close inspection has a "campaign" leather steering wheel in some shots but others it has a standard GTI one…. The last shot of it is the leather bound one.

I can only think that maybe 2 cars were used in the filming? I can't imagine they would change the steering wheel once for a normal GTI one then again back to the original Leather one???

I remember commenting on that when it was on to my missus. Strange!

Back to the top

Bova2 said

Going back to the original subject, the white Golf on wheeler dealers on close inspection has a "campaign" leather steering wheel in some shots but others it has a standard GTI one…. The last shot of it is the leather bound one.

I can only think that maybe 2 cars were used in the filming? I can't imagine they would change the steering wheel once for a normal GTI one then again back to the original Leather one???

I remember commenting on that when it was on to my missus. Strange!

It was more than likely that it had a load of filming done with the GTI wheel, changed it and then did a load of filming with the campaign wheel. They film the whole thing then stitch it all together in the wrong order.. When It went to the editors and they spliced it all together in the order they wanted you to see it in.

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Mine's got a sunroof but neither is it a campaign!  - Damn it - I'm doubly screwed! :banghead:  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.