Skip navigation

Good DA Polisher ?

Back to the top

Good DA Polisher ?

Hey Guys

Been meaning to invest in a Dual Action polisher for a while.

I'm not on Detailing World or anything and dont wana get too OTT into my detailing, but do want something to save my hands when giving mine a good cut and polish and hopefully allow me to get a more consistent finish over the whole car

Originally i was gona go for a meguiars G220 V2, but a member on the forum has let me know they have not lasted long for him

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/meguiars-g220-v2-polisher/prod_409.html

so he has suggested the Das 6 pro

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/prod_673.html

anyone else use simmilar machines that they rate?

Thanks

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
whats the main difference between a normal rotary and the dual action machines as well?

Are they just more controllable and less likely to burn through paint?

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top

richyhill said

whats the main difference between a normal rotary and the dual action machines as well?

Are they just more controllable and less likely to burn through paint?

Cheers

Rich

A dual action. It means that the pad not only spins in a circle, but it also oscillates so it's much safer to use. Also it generates far less heat than a rotary polisher.

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Thanks chrissy

So anyone invested in one? has a recommendation? used the above machines?

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
I have a Porter-Cable 7424Xp which i've have for about three years. Great bit of kit! There is one on ebay Link the older model.

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Alex @ Elite car Car has never let me down for stuff and always given great advice too.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/

Could be worth an email or call?

If I remember the Detailing World discount code is DW at the check out when ordering online.  :wink:

Mrs Choc Rolls Stock!

Back to the top
Hi Rich
I detail for a living and use a flex rotary. If you are new to detailing and machine polishing then stick to a dual action polisher it is much safer. I would check out a Das pro 6 it is a fantastic machine and gives decent levels of cut. You are more than welcome to try these machines at our unit, but you are in Bristol and I'm in Nottingham. Oh yeah  sell me your car Lol

Back to the top
get the meguiars g220v2 ive used mine lots over the past year and love it to bits.

euro car parts sell them .expensive there but if you enter the code LASTCHANCE25  this gives you 25% off everything…..you will need a pad failing that theres lots of good kits on ebay for around 150 quid made by kestrel known as the das2,,,from memory the difference in this and meguiars is the meguairs has a soft start and no load speed.

Back to the top
Dont bother with a dual action rich they suck,if your paint is heavily swirled it just wont cut the mustard and you will end up buying a rotary anyway! I also use a flex not that im suggesting you splash the cash on one just yet,as long as you get a variable speed you should pick one up at a reasonable price.If burning through is your worry just use a polishing head and a milder polish/cut to get the feel of it,im only just down the road (in a way) lol and would be more than happy to show you the ropes.Anytime brother.

Back to the top
disagree ive tried the das6 pro and the megs i also use 3m rotaries and the megs is so much nicer to use

Back to the top
Ever tried polishing out wet sanding or scratches with a dual?

Back to the top
I've done a bit of polishing here and there, wet and dry is a favourite method of dulling/removing deep scratches.

Deep scratches removed with wet and dry 2500/3000 grit emery paper, then removed with a DAS6 pro

Before and after

Finished article!

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
DAS 6 Pro for a DA polisher.

Back to the top
I was looking in to this a while back, I ended up going for the cheap and cheerful silverline rotary, as that came back the most recommended.
I watched a YouTube vid of a couple of guys intentionally burning thru paint. You get loads of tell tale signs before you do any ireversable damage, it smokes, the pads break up.
For the ammount of use it gets the silverline does the job very well..

Back to the top
what you go for in the end rich?

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.