Skip navigation

URGENT BBS offset advise needed

Back to the top

URGENT BBS offset advise needed

Guys been offered a set of BBS RM's in some nice sizes, currently being run on a mk2

Does the below look like they would sit ok on my mk1 cabby?

4x100

15x8 and 15x9.5

ET 14 and ET -5

Thanks

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
9.5s on the rear will be a struggle.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
really :-(

Bu**er

9's max then …..

thought i had found some bloomin ideal rims there.

Will they fit but probably be ilegal and look a bit strange as come too far outside of arch?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
yea they will stick out massive

might fit if you put on some burg cup arches

will be a dog to park with 8s on the front as well

Banner

Back to the top
:-(

grrr

not going the route of berg cup arches lol

not worried about parking really will help make my arms like popeye

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

Back to the top
Lol, that eBay advert is quite Possably the most misleading, full of bs add I have ever read! Lol lol

1 of only 18 imported? 700kg?

And wtf is with the red roof. Massive fail lol

And rich the best bet is to try them on the car. Only way of telling really

Back to the top
And rich the best bet is to try them on the car. Only way of telling really

not a bad shout but wheels are in Wales, which means its gona be raining and the sportline will have to get wet lol

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Poof

Back to the top
and i might break a nail changing the wheels !

might have to get my bi*ch Arff333 to do it ha ha

:-)

one thing i wont be doing is asking Ginner to do it, as he dosnt tighten his nuts!

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Are they from a guy called Adrian with a black Sportline?

Back to the top
no? do you know of another set or you on about the guy from ebay link i posted? :-)

or the guy on here with a black sportline on BBS from wales?

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
depends how much you can get them for but,why not buy them if they dont fit which they wont.strip them down(dead easy) sell the lips on edition as they will be what the stance boys would love then buy some used 1inch and 1.5 inch lips and rebuild them

Back to the top
depends how much you can get them for but,why not buy them if they dont fit which they wont.strip them down(dead easy) sell the lips on edition as they will be what the stance boys would love then buy some used 1inch and 1.5 inch lips and rebuild them

the lips are aluminium and do have some kerbing so with that being the case what do you rekon they are worth?

Im running standard suspension so i thought they should fit looking at pics in ebay link above of same size wheels, or do you think they would poke out or rub on arches or something?

i quite like the idea of having them staggered but maybe 7's and 8.5's or 8's and 9's would be better? ? ….

If i can get them for good price they might be worth a punt but if not i think the route would be to build a set up myself

i just wanted to run them for a month or so, see what i though and whether i wana stick RM / RS route and refurb em, or refurb standard wheels and sell on

Thanks for everyones help and advice :-)

Good to get some other opinions etc

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
This was my cabby as I got it from Gavr6in, fitted with BBS RM's 8.5 & 7.5. IMHO the rears sat out too far, plus the arches hadn't been trimmed or rolled so the tyre sidewall was knackered.

I now run a set of 8 X 15 Snowflakes but the ET is perfect for a Mk1, they sit in the arches nicely. I've sorted all four arches out so there's no rubbing anywhere.

Also note that the RS071's in that Sportline ad are 3 Piece so could have had the inner basket changed to sit inward, the RM's can only be widened outward.

Back to the top
nice one i was trying to find pics of your car on the RM's yesterday :-)

i did think about the fact the ones on ebay car were RS's so the baskets could be making the difference.

but then mines not lowered so would imagine i would have plenty of clearance before hitting arches

are they fifteen 52's on yours? does look sweet :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

Back to the top

richyhill said

nice one i was trying to find pics of your car on the RM's yesterday :-)

i did think about the fact the ones on ebay car were RS's so the baskets could be making the difference.

but then mines not lowered so would imagine i would have plenty of clearance before hitting arches

are they fifteen 52's on yours? does look sweet :-)

Yup, Fifteen52 Snowflakes!

I've just checked the dishes that the RM's came with, they are in fact 2" & 2.5" making them 8" front & 8.5" rear. I've had the center's & basket refurbed so am trying to decide what size outers to fit. I'm thinking of losing an inch all round so 7" front & 7.5" rear.

WRT the suspension, if you're running std dampers you may find the lack of control means they will rub. I run Spax RSX coilovers and have turned the bump/rebound up so it's well under control.

Back to the top
your snowflakes ET30?

did you get them from reflex auto design?

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

richyhill said

your snowflakes ET30?

did you get them from reflex auto design?

Cheers

Rich

IIRC ET30

Got them through Regal, AFAIK the only Fifteen52 dealer in the UK. Was a limited batch though and I don't think they list them on their site anymore.

I'm looking for some Stainless/radinox lips for the RM's but the prices are horrendous!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.