Skip navigation

Thinking of buying a UP

Back to the top

Thinking of buying a UP

Looking for a replacement for one of the a2s and these seem pretty cool, Anyone on here got one? Are they any good?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
mate i love em, didnt think they would be my cup of tea, but some lady pulled over and asked me for directions just after they were out and i thought whats that! thought the wheels would look sweet on a mk1

Had a good look round them at the VW dealers when i picked up some bits for mine and they are really well built, you pay a bit of a premium for the black and white versions i think they are called over the basic model, but i would be tempted to buy the basic model and modifiy it a bit, as seen a couple of nice ones modified

http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59566&start=53

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/41682/vw-up-azzurra-sailing-team-by-italdesign-2012-pictures/283598

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Have seen a few modded ones on the tinterweb, look pretty sweet on 17s and a slight drop. Would go for the mid range one that has lots of stuff over the base one.

Back to the top
i test drove on a few weeks ago

feel very large inside and rather nippy can't remember which engine it was

nice car :)

Banner

Back to the top
Should that be "an UP"

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Maybe! Depends if your a pedantic knob head or not! Lol

Back to the top
I'll get my coat

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
OUT!!!  Lol

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
A few people at work have them and rave about them, one of the lads go's to Scotland every other week and says it sits at 70MPH with no issues

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top

jacob said

A few people at work have them and rave about them, one of the lads go's to Scotland every other week and says it sits at 70MPH with no issues

I would expect that of any new car   :wink:

Back to the top
My view having pdi'd quote a few now, selling super quick.
Love the space for such a small car, funky styling which imo is about time with vw, vw have been a bit bland with styling, go just as well as any other sized car on the market.
I would have a fiat 500/ka for the following reasons.
Less noise in cockpit, no rattle from the gearbox when gears changed or throttle let off. 3 cyl just isn't for me, a 4 cup makes it a little refined imo.
Just my views of course!

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top
Fiat or ford are no way being purchased lol just wrong!!!

Back to the top
There must be a few light damaged cat D's about, get one then do engine conversion and some tweaks :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
My sons friends Dad has a Vw dealership and says that they are the best selling car in the range.

The black edition is the coolest and they are thinking about bringing out a GT or GTI, cant remember which one but it looked cool in mock up pics.

Back to the top

richyhill said

There must be a few light damaged cat D's about, get one then do engine conversion and some tweaks :-)

Lol, you seen under the bonnet? There is no engine small enough to go in there other than the current one!

Turbo conversion? Lol

See a X UP in the autostadt that was cool, the woman on the tower tour said they are bringing a all electric one next year, not sure if it will make it to the uk.

Back to the top
yeah it will, just have to charge it up every hour but it will make it here  :wink:

Back to the top
i test drove one, they always take you out in a black sporty little one, was a 1ltr and to be fair was nippy but i couldnt bring myself to sell my cab so didnt bother the best city car they say : )

Back to the top
Lol, you seen under the bonnet? There is no engine small enough to go in there other than the current one!

bike engine ? …… :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
yeah it will, just have to charge it up every hour but it will make it here

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.