Skip navigation

Kawaski green Golf mk1, 1.6 polo engine on bike carbs.

Back to the top

Kawaski green Golf mk1, 1.6 polo engine on bike carbs.

Quality , glad you got it all well, and your all happy with it, look forward to seeing pics

sounds quick

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Aye love it. Going to sound proof it next week. Ordered the sound proofing pads etc. going to take about the back seats ( can't use 'em cause of the roll cage/harnesses) then going to turn the whole rear of the car into the boot. Lay some sound proofing underlay, cut of a template of the rear on plywood, cover plywood with more underlay then acoustic carpet again, then fit :D

Back to the top
Done a few things to the car today e.g Took the spoiler of (Sold it to Pablo) and moved the number plate back upto where it's meant to be. Here's a few photos :D

Selling those wheels if anyone wants to buy them? Or swap? :P

Back to the top
Are you planning to remove the bonnet spacer thingys? Ya know so it sits down properly?

Back to the top
I want to, but don't think it'll sit flush cause of the 1.6 engine in it. it's a slightly taller block than the 1.3. But I haven't tried really, might give it a go like

Back to the top
how much you want for the wheels and where you based?

martyn

Back to the top
Not sure how much they're worth….got decent tread on all 4 (just past it's MOT with them on) slight curbing to them, but they're correctly balanced and not buckled, and I'm located in Harrogate, north Yorkshire. But can send via a courier if you're interested in them :D

Back to the top
Just lowered the bonnet too ;)

Back to the top
how much you after posted then?

Back to the top
£290 posted?

Back to the top
what size are they 13 x ?

Back to the top
Just done some work on the MK1 before it went into the garage to get the coilovers adjusted up and some new wheels put on (Don't own a C-spanner, nor jacks or axle stands lol) Laid some sounding deadening pads down too, one in each footwell, one in each door, one behind the rear door card thingys, and 4 in the boot. Should be a tad quieter now in the car :D

Also took out the back seats, and smoked the rear lights.

Back seats removed, looks alot better I reckon

why spend £150 on smoked lights when you can use a fly eye kit of eBay for £10! looks just as good too!

Will get a pic up tomorrow with it's new shoes on.

Wheels are Lenso rs5's when Toyo Proxes tyres. Only paid £130 for them, bargain! They're silver at the minute with a silver lip, but thinking of spraying them white, or maybe black?

wheels on it atm are far too wide for my liking

Back to the top

golf_gx_1983 said

what size are they 13 x ?

looks like 13x8 all round
et0

with 175/50s

Back to the top
Can't stand 15" wheels. They make the car look horrible! I'm ashamed to drive it with the wheels on at the minute. Albeit they're nice wheels, but look god awful on a mk1.

Been trying to comprise with with size, 15" with 185/45/15? so it doesn't stand so tall? But nahh, I don't like 15s what so ever. So back to 13's it is then!

Going to buy these (with the correct offset and stud pattern for the mk1 ofcourse)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140684291683?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Then get a none drag gearbox mount of Phataz.

Then pref 175/50/13, so they're not massively stretched tyres.

Bonnet bra and the black and silver plates should arrive soon too :D

Back to the top
nice mk1 im si who just bought the cage..

Back to the top
Up for sale £1500 ono
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.