Skip navigation

R32GUY's - B16YUG 1993 Rivage Project

Back to the top

Wow that's stunning! Crazyquiff's sure know how to do an engine conversion! I bet it shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Wow that's stunning! Crazyquiff's sure know how to do an engine conversion! I bet it shifts

Yes - you pay for their quality workmanship… gone are the days when I would tackle such a job myself.

Power delivery is excellent, torque all through the rev range - running approx 270bhp which is ample to spin the wheels up to 4th when it's wet!

It's so much fun I've been using it on my commute :-)

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
how do you find the power steering..  does the resistance change with speed on these kits yet?

Back to the top

PNERivage said

how do you find the power steering..  does the resistance change with speed on these kits yet?

I've currently got it switched off or on / if you want the standard steering feel when you aren't manoeuvring for parking then you get perfect steering feedback in my opinion.

I have purchased one of these variable feedback units - yet to wire it up though:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171866899180

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top

R32GUY said

PNERivage said

I've currently got it switched off or on / if you want the standard steering feel when you aren't manoeuvring for parking then you get perfect steering feedback in my opinion.

I have purchased one of these variable feedback units - yet to wire it up though:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171866899180

interesting. that extra kit wasn't available when I was looking a few years back

Back to the top
The car looks amazing mate!

In regards to the power steering, which one in particular did you go for? And am I correct in saying you have a switch to change from power steering to non power steering?

Back to the top

optimusdub said

The car looks amazing mate!

In regards to the power steering, which one in particular did you go for? And am I correct in saying you have a switch to change from power steering to non power steering?

I bought a kit from Rick at mk2mania - (several years ago now) http://simonebirchall.co.uk/bolt-on-column/vw-columns.html

They used to offer an exchange service, send them a mk1 column and they would send you a unit back with the CORSAB unit grafted in.

It looks like they also provide an automated sensor now too, suggest you give them a call.

R32GUY

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.