Skip navigation

German Road Trip Blog

Back to the top

German Road Trip Blog

Just got home, 1320 mile round trip, 15 hours travelling from Germany to Aylesbury and I'm shattered!

It really diddnt help getting to bed at 1 and doing shots! Lol

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Just got home, 1320 mile round trip, 15 hours travelling from Germany to Aylesbury and I'm shattered!

It really diddnt help getting to bed at 1 and doing shots! Lol

Well done! Hope you uped the mileage on the classic ca insurance.   :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
Lol, yea it's fine still have a few miles left on the ltd milage!

Back to the top
still on road on way home 1700ish round trip and still going sould be home midnight work at 6:30am in morn that will be fun.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Just got home, 1477miles and just totted up my fuel and averaged 43mpg, woohooo:):)
Hope everyone else gets home safe too.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Got in 15 mins ago, had a coffee at oxford services with dubgolf, where he checked into a hotel.Great time had, Cheers ginner  :D

Banner

Back to the top
glad you all had a good time guys, thats some long days for people yesterday wow! and Anna 43mpg cant knock that :-) , happy days

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
2 am i got into bed  :|  up at 7 again  :banghead:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Got in at 1:30am, 1497 miles all in.

Cheers ginner, you done a top job  :wink:

Any news on the car that missed the junction and went towards Amsterdam ?????.

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Apparently they got to Calais at 10 last night and caught the last ferry

Back to the top
I got back to base at 8:15 this am. Long trek from Dover to Pembroke and then the overnight ferry to Rosslare. Keith had to nurse the rocco onto the boat (last one on) he only had fourth gear from Germany! He did well…

Thanks to all…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Didn't he do well Hugh  !! Give that man a cigar !

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Hello Everyone :) This is Katie, I travelled with Keith in his rocco, Just writing this reply on this thread to say thank you to everyone who was there and that made the trip even more brilliant! I personally thought it was amazing. The Autostadt was absolutely mind blowing, It was heaven on earth for me. Well anywhere that has VW's is heaven on earth to me lol. The hotel was a bit small but it was clean and tidy so it done the job perfectly. The weather was gorgeous, far better then the weather in Ireland. The trip home was a bit stressful, 4th gear from Germany To Ireland, clutch burning, accelerator broke, just about made the ferry to Ireland with about 20 seconds to spare! But even after that I would still do it all over again, lovely cars, lovely people in the club, lovely weather and travelling through different countries.. why would'nt i do it again?!! :D I have LOADS of pictures posted on my facebook , just go ahead and add me and you can look at them, – Katie Siobhan Ann O'Toole :) A little birdy told me the club may be coming to Ireland, all I say is, make your way over to Mayo and il have the kettle on lol :D It would truly be amazing if you all came over to Ireland! :D I hope everyone made is home safe and sound!

Thank You Again Everyone, And a big thanks to the organiser you did a brilliant job :)

From, Katie :)

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Just got home, 1477miles and just totted up my fuel and averaged 43mpg, woohooo:):)
Hope everyone else gets home safe too.

Nice one Anna! Glad you and Elv made it back safe. Hope you had a smashing time. If you got any photo's bring them with on Sunday!

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one katie  I'm glad the experience was worth it even with gearbox problems. And yes there maybe a trip on the cards to Ireland !

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Nice to meet you Katie, I'm not really Turkish lol  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

ans4r said

I'm half Greek if that helps Brother crow

Back to the top

zorba-01 said

ans4r said

I'm half Greek if that helps Brother crow

Brother Crow ……

Banner

Back to the top
Just wanted to say thanks to Ginner for organising this.I know it couldn't have been easy.Well done mate.I had a great time with everyone,great fun on being a passenger aswell seeing as I didn't have to drive,my Turkish uncle did. :mrgreen:
The CB radios really helped and everyone stuck together.I had a great time with especially the Midlands guys and the outsider Dainish  :mrgreen: so thanks again.

Can't wait for the next trip.

Back to the top
Got back this morning via Rotterdam/Hull ferry from northern return leg visiting mother-in-laws in Holland. Had a fab time both on trip and with family in Holland. Although Mrs Early's been away in UK in the Golf, she was very impressed with the 30 year old GTI and how well it handled a long trip without any problems. And she was even impressed with the 'car factory'

Did exactly 1350 miles to and from petrol station 2 miles from home. Average for the 1350 was 39.8mpg, just short of the magic 40  :banghead: Standard 1.8 DX GTI .

Looking at the break down between fill-ups, was running at 41.3/41.5 on trip down to Dover and into Germany in convoy. Later more stuck in traffic in Germany and Holland and higher motorway speeds dragged average down. Still pretty good for loaded car doing 75+mph most of the time.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.