Skip navigation

Never Ending

Back to the top

Never Ending

And this is where and how she sits at the moment.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
O yes sorry there's two off my friends hard at work busy building a tow vehicle for our newest ventures. All fun and games. Absolutely no swearing what so ever.  :lol:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
That's it for now. I'm off to have a cold one while i'm having the daily one scrubed. Cheers  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
That should keep you occupied Beeno! Shame about the wing fitment next to the front panel, very poor :(

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yes you can say that again. Looking for a good second hand set now. Not easy to find around here.   :banghead:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Hi there guys. Small little update. fixing up some small bits and got some new cv's and rear gearbox mounting. Some pics.

That's basically it for now. See why I called it never ending.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Another small update guys. Got these door locks and catches from a friend.

And fitted mounting onto bracket.

And that's basically it for now. Will spend some time looking at the amazing builds that's on here for now. Still saving up for manifold.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Another small update just to show that I get some small things done. Busy working on the carbs. Still some finishing to do on them but will put some pics of the finished carbs once there done but here's a little preview. I think they came out nice.

Slowly getting there…… :P

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
They look fairly meaty!  :cool:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
 :thumbs: Cheers Hairyarse…… The tops I want to make same colour as the car. Or have them plated. Cant make up my mind about that.   :banghead:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Just got these for finishing of carbs.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Still need some bits to finish them but got a bright idea to make them look a bit nicer when done. Got to take them to a friend at the hydraulics shop first. Sorry for pic quality but all pics taken with phone.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Morning everyone, hope you had a nice weekend. Got some more parts. Found this guy that stays a couple of kilometres from me and went to see him on Sunday morning. Thought I walked into MK1 heaven. He happens to be building race car and over the year collected a lot of parts coming of these cars before they are up to racing spec and one of these things happen to be window replacements. So got all of these parts from him.

If you look closely you'll see that I ended up with two left hand rear windows. Only saw that once I packed them out at home. Due to new guy working for him. Had to swop the window because it was scratched so we started loading and he went to fetch another one so we didn't even look and just load it. So now I have to go all the way back there to swop it again. about 60 minutes drive.

Cleaned them all nicely but didn't take a pic as I was late for a braai because of spending time getting the stickers off and cleaning the windows and rubbers.
That's it for now. hope to find some more parts soon. At least there's Light at the end of the tunnel now.  

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Hi there again guys. Another teeny tiny little update again. Got these…

Which contains these beautiful looking little mirrors.

Was thinking of leaving the car as it is for the moment and just put it together and get it driving first, enjoy it for a while and then paint it at a later stage again. But will still need to clean it up and paint the inside.

And also thanks for having a look at this never ending and mostly boring thread. Only thing that keeps me motivated since everybody's telling me to sell the little car. Unfortunately for all of them that will never happen. I'm gonna finish and drive it for years to come just to show them.    

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Nice flag mirrors and nice to see in black, not chrome for a change. Good parts haul in the post above too. Shame about the window but still good news.

Glad you're not selling it  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Cheers Hairyarse.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Oe oe and look what I found inside an old Volkswagen that an old lady sold to a friend of a friend. Asked my friend if I could have it and he said sure now problem. The Volkswagen belonged to her husband but he passed on to a even better life and she had to move so decided to sell it. Anyway pic of my good luck.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Hi there guys.

So I've been surging for those fenders and was lucky enough to find a guy on gum tree selling them for a bargain. The one needs some work but he said that the other one is 100%. Going to go see him tomorrow. Will put some pics once I got them.

Also found a guy on olx selling the upper strut brace brand new in packaging for half the normal selling price so going to go see him on sunday. (Hopefully) cause his in Durban at the moment. Will let you know on Monday what happened.  :thumbs:  

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Sounds like it could be a bargain weekend! Fingers crossed  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Damn, the guy for fenders never got back to me and the one for strut brace only got home late yesterday afternoon so no score for this weekend but will keep in touch with them and see what I can arrange.  :(

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.